Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to put; to lay; to lodge; to nominate; to appoint
venture
place
decide
augment
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between sight and view

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'get over' mean? | in your element
listening exercisestell a friend
difference between sight and view #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:41 am   difference between sight and view

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #111 "Postcard: Holiday", question 2

The ......... from the window is good and we can see the sea.

(a) look
(b) sight
(c) view

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #111 "Postcard: Holiday", answer 2

The view from the window is good and we can see the sea.

Correct answer: (c) view

I wonder the different meaning between sight an
view.
Viewy

difference between sight and view #2 (permalink) Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:47 am   difference between sight and view

Hi,

'View' is very much like a picture that you see, which fits here. 'Sight' is either the sense of seeing or something that you see that is outstanding.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
difference between see and view? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 am   difference between see and view?

Hi all,
I am having a trouble with the use of verb see and view.
Anyone can help me to clarify the usage by giving examples ? We use the verb of see or view at what circumstances? for instance: see the lovely city or view the lovely city

Thanks and Appreciate!
Stars

difference between sight and view #4 (permalink) Thu Aug 25, 2011 21:51 pm   difference between sight and view

Hello,
The 2.question doesn't work. I twice wrote "sight" and it told me that I had written "view !!!
Bye!

difference between sight and view #5 (permalink) Thu Aug 25, 2011 21:55 pm   difference between sight and view

The correct answer is 'view'.

If you choose 'sight' then the answer key tells you that the correct answer is 'view' and 'sight' is incorrect:

Language Coach

difference between sight and view #6 (permalink) Thu Aug 25, 2011 21:59 pm   difference between sight and view

Hello,

Now I see that Alan recommended "view". For the first time I wrote "view" then it was replaced by "sight". So no wonder that the sight was bad twice and the "view" would have been good, if the test had accepted it.
Bye:
Kati

There isn't worse when the test-answering machine doesn't work well !

difference between sight and view #7 (permalink) Thu Aug 25, 2011 22:02 pm   difference between sight and view

Hi Kati,

The test does accept 'view'!
If you select view (the correct answer), this is what you see:

Question 2 works perfectly.
Language Coach

difference between sight and view #8 (permalink) Thu Aug 25, 2011 22:09 pm   difference between sight and view

Hello Bez,

You answered me very soon. Or you don't believe me that my first answer was view? And when the test told me the sight is good I wrote twice sight - of course the last two answers was bad, but not the first.

Kati

One thing is good in this case that I lose my mood to continue.

difference between sight and view #9 (permalink) Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:23 am   difference between sight and view

Hello,

I correct my own mistakes maybe that (mistakes) will teach somebody a lesson.

In first letter I lost the grammar of conditional clause 3.
I would have written "view".....I omitted the view. Of course I know theoretically only if I have to write if had written (cond.3) or if I wrote (cond.2.) and there isn't if I have to write would.
past cond: My test would have been good if the computer had accepted my first answer.
present cond: My test would be good if the computer accepted my first answer.

++++

In the second letter: I forgot to synchronize the plural subject with the verb. This is a big carelessness!!!
...the last two answers were bad.

Regards:
Kati svaby

b

difference between sight and view #10 (permalink) Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 am   difference between sight and view

Mistake in the correction of mistakes: I omitted WOULD...

What does 'get over' mean? | in your element
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Couldn't possiblysecurity systemsI prefer e-mail to fax machinesthe new lamp vs. a new lampWhy risk losingmergers and acquisitionseasementhe leaned over to whisper somethingfigurative expressionDoes hysterically mean funny?Riding the bus?insist vs consistwhat does 'have a change of heart' mean?