close-fitting; tense; narrow
negotiable
tight
moral
mean

How many words do I know?

What's the difference between fridge and cooler? | What does mimicked mean?
How many words do I know? #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 15, 2008 18:23 pm   How many words do I know?

"We realized that we had brought the tents and sleeping bags but we forgot the second set of tent poles. We had to double ......... and sleep in one tent. On top of that, it rained the whole time. It was a horrible trip," Allen told his wife.

(a) bank
(b) rate
(c) bet
(d) up

"We realized that we had brought the tents and sleeping bags but we forgot the second set of tent poles. We had to double up and sleep in one tent. On top of that, it rained the whole time. It was a horrible trip," Allen told his wife.

Correct answer: (d) up
_________________________

i want 100 vocabularies with their meaning
Vocabguy

How many words do I know? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 15, 2008 18:45 pm   How many words do I know?

I'm sure you know more than 100 English words yourself.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Hill biking

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How many words do I know? #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 16, 2008 19:51 pm   How many words do I know?

If you can use the top ten English words perfectly, that will be enough for you to be good at English.
(the - to - of - and - a - in - 's - that - for - it)

Nola
_________________
Nola
Nola

intense looks vs. dirty looks?What does 'love is blind' mean?What does 'touch-ups' mean?What does 'to think on his feet' mean?What does this sentence mean: That's about the kind of it?whats the difference between do afters and do overs?Done my piece vs. done my bitWhat are reported commands?What does 'do away' mean? Is it an idiom or a phrasal verb?What does agree to stay civilian mean?What does the idiom "sell me" mean?Translation of wavelengthdo vs. make