Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

close-fitting; tense; narrow
negotiable
tight
moral
mean
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How many words do I know?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What's the difference between fridge and cooler? | What does mimicked mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
How many words do I know? #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 15, 2008 18:23 pm   How many words do I know?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #458 "English Slang Idioms (200)", question 1

"We realized that we had brought the tents and sleeping bags but we forgot the second set of tent poles. We had to double ......... and sleep in one tent. On top of that, it rained the whole time. It was a horrible trip," Allen told his wife.

(a) bank
(b) rate
(c) bet
(d) up

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #458 "English Slang Idioms (200)", answer 1

"We realized that we had brought the tents and sleeping bags but we forgot the second set of tent poles. We had to double up and sleep in one tent. On top of that, it rained the whole time. It was a horrible trip," Allen told his wife.

Correct answer: (d) up

i want 100 vocabularies with their meaning
Vocabguy

How many words do I know? #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 15, 2008 18:45 pm   How many words do I know?

I'm sure you know more than 100 English words yourself.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Hill biking
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
How many words do I know? #3 (permalink) Tue Sep 16, 2008 19:51 pm   How many words do I know?

If you can use the top ten English words perfectly, that will be enough for you to be good at English.
(the - to - of - and - a - in - 's - that - for - it)

Nola

What's the difference between fridge and cooler? | What does mimicked mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
intense looks vs. dirty looks?What does 'love is blind' mean?What does 'touch-ups' mean?What does 'to think on his feet' mean?What does this sentence mean: That's about the kind of it?whats the difference between do afters and do overs?Done my piece vs. done my bitWhat are reported commands?What does 'do away' mean? Is it an idiom or a phrasal verb?What does agree to stay civilian mean?What does the idiom "sell me" mean?Translation of wavelengthdo vs. make