to contract; to empower; to authorize; to confer
recap
code
estimate
commission

whats the difference between do afters and do overs?

Done my piece vs. done my bit | 'it is not impossible' vs. "there's a possibility"
whats the difference between do afters and do overs? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:26 am   whats the difference between do afters and do overs?

Adrenaline shot through his body and the ability to control his appendages was becoming increasingly more difficult in the icy water. He knew that if he didn't rescue the people from the ocean right now, there would be no hope for them due to hypothermia, among other things. There were no do ......... when the ocean was this turbulent and cold.

(a) afters
(b) agains
(c) overs
(d) repeats

Adrenaline shot through his body and the ability to control his appendages was becoming increasingly more difficult in the icy water. He knew that if he didn't rescue the people from the ocean right now, there would be no hope for them due to hypothermia, among other things. There were no do overs when the ocean was this turbulent and cold.

Correct answer: (c) overs
_________________________

please specify
pravash
prahvash

whats the difference between do afters and do overs? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 17, 2008 15:57 pm   whats the difference between do afters and do overs?

A 'do over' is a chance or opportunity to repeat or redo something that you failed to do, or didn't do as well as you would have liked to have done. Sort of like a mulligan in golf.

I don't think there is such a phrase as a 'do after', it was just a fake answer put in the test for more choices.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Balance her checkbook correct?What exactly is a bank statement?intense looks vs. dirty looks?What does 'love is blind' mean?What does 'touch-ups' mean?What does 'to think on his feet' mean?What does this sentence mean: That's about the kind of it?What does mimicked mean?What are reported commands?How many words do I know?What does 'do away' mean? Is it an idiom or a phrasal verb?What's the difference between fridge and cooler?What does agree to stay civilian mean?