Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

act of going around; avoidance; evasion
skirting
performance
century
conservative
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does 'touch-ups' mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'love is blind' mean? | What does 'to think on his feet' mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
What does 'touch-ups' mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Sep 17, 2008 19:15 pm   What does 'touch-ups' mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #706 "English Slang Idioms (448)", question 10

"I'm almost finished painting my studio, and then I can come over. I just have some ......... to do and then I'll get cleaned up and leave," Chris said to Simon.

(a) touch-outs
(b) touch-ins
(c) touchdowns
(d) touch-ups

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #706 "English Slang Idioms (448)", answer 10

"I'm almost finished painting my studio, and then I can come over. I just have some touch-ups to do and then I'll get cleaned up and leave," Chris said to Simon.

Correct answer: (d) touch-ups

which choice would be appropriate and its meaning
Touchy

What does 'touch-ups' mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Sep 17, 2008 23:47 pm   What does 'touch-ups' mean?

Hello,
The correct answer is "touch-ups." Touch-ups refers to: "to improve or perfect by small additional strokes or alterations: to fix the minor and usually visible defects or damages of."
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'love is blind' mean? | What does 'to think on his feet' mean?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
definition for economicsUsage of sensibleMoney burns a hole in his pockets? What kind of idiom is this?Balance her checkbook correct?What exactly is a bank statement?intense looks vs. dirty looks?What does this sentence mean: That's about the kind of it?whats the difference between do afters and do overs?Done my piece vs. done my bitWhat does mimicked mean?What are reported commands?How many words do I know?What does 'do away' mean? Is it an idiom or a phrasal verb?