to confuse; to embarrass; to fluster; to worry
disconcert
jibe
obviate
inveigh

TOEFLŪ essay: It is possible to know something about a person by the way...

TOEFLŪ Writing Section | TOEFLŪ essay: Our planet is harmed by human activity...
TOEFL essay: It is possible to know something about a person by the way... #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 08, 2008 20:52 pm   TOEFL essay: It is possible to know something about a person by the way...

It is possible to know something about a person by the way of he or she dress

Not only in our country but in the whole world every state, every country has there own tradition, culture, language, religion and unique dress style. As it is possible to know about a person from there language to which religion, country and state they belongs. Same as it is possible to know something about a person by the way of their dress up. For example in young age boys and girls generally likes to wear attractive and colorful dress and an old age or a mature person likes to dress up in soft color not very attractive. If we see an old person in colorful dress we make opinion that this person has a romantic and exciting nature. There is an old thought that a persons living style and dressing sense gives a gimps of there culture, religion and profession.
In our country many profession has there own dress code like advocacy, doctors and army etc. For example if we see a man in police dress the personality of that person strikes in our mind that this person should be brave and served for the safety of the society. No matter we know them or not.
Not only in profession but in generally we make opinion abut the person according to his or her dress. As if we see a girl in a broad neck top, short skirt we make opinion that this girl is very modern, bold and frank etc.
In my opinion it is true that we can make a opinion about a person according to there dress but not necessary that it’s always true. As the world is changing fast the requirement of the people is changing. It is not necessary that if we see a in a particular dress like in a lawyers dress a army dress the characteristics of that dress belongs to that person. It is possible that a person can adopt a nature according to the requirement of there job but in personal life that person must be shy, simple.

In the conclusion I want to say that we can guess the nature of a person according to there dress but we cant make opinion.It must be wrong some time.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and an HR interviewer
Rathore

TOEFL essay: It is possible to know something about a person by the way... #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:31 am   TOEFL essay: It is possible to know something about a person by the way...

I've made some changes in CAPITAL letters:

Not only in our country but in the whole world every state, every country has THEIR own tradition, culture, language, religion and unique dress style. THEREFORE it is possible to know about a person from THEIR language to which religion, country and state they BELONG. THE SAME WAY it is possible to know something about a person by the way THEY dress . For example young age boys and girls generally LIKE to wear attractive and colorful dress and an ELDERLY or a mature person likes to dress in soft color THAT ISN'T very attractive. If we see an old person in colorful dress we FORM THE opinion that this person has a romantic and exciting nature. There is an old BELIEF that a person's living style and DRESS sense gives a gLimpsE of THEIR culture, religion and profession.
In our country many professionS HAVE THEIR own dress code like advocacy, MEDICINE and THE army etc. For example if we see a man in police UNIFORM the personality of that person MAKES US THINK that this person should be brave and serveS the safety of society. No matter WHETHER we know them or not.
Not only in professionS but in GENERAL we FORM AN opinion abOut SOMEONE according to his or her dress. As if we see a girl in a broad neck top, short skirt we THINK that this girl is very modern, bold and frank etc.
In my opinion it is true that we can FORM AN opinion about a person according to THE WAY THEY dress but IT ISN'T not necessarILy always true. As the world is changing fast PEOPLE'S NEEDS ARE changing. It is not necessary that if we see SOMEONE in a particular CLOTHES LIKE THOSE OF A lawyer OR aN army UNIFORM the characteristics of that dress belongs to that person. It is possible that a person can adopt a STYLE according to the requirement of THEIR job but in personal life that person must be shy, simple.

In the conclusion I want to say that we can guess the nature of a person according to THE WAY THEY dress but we CAN'T FORM AN opinion. It must be wrong some time.

Remember 'there' is an adverb of place and 'their' is a possessive adjective.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHere is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay: English tests like TOEFLŪ for foriegn institutes necessaryAbout a question in 'Longman preparation course for the TOEFLŪ test'TOEFLŪ essay: Should university students be required to attend classes?TOEFLŪ essay: You have the opportunity to visit a foreign country for two weeksTOEFLŪ essay: Some people prefer to get up early in the morning and start...TOEFLŪ essay: Build new factory near your communityTOEFLŪ essay: Playing a game is fun only when you win.TOEFLŪ essay: Neighbours become a part of our familyTOEFLŪ essay: A sense of competition in children should be encouraged.TOEFLŪ essay: Technology has made lives betterTOEFLŪ essay sample: By punishing murderers with the death penalty...TOEFLŪ essay: What is your approach to problem-solving, and how does it work?TOEFLŪ essay: In many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work.