to make or earn a total of (before taxes and other expenses)
catalog
order
gross
adhere

spirit vs. spirits

will/(be) going to | English quesitons: He felt he had at last ... his ambition (reached...
spirit vs. spirits #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:47 am   spirit vs. spirits

HI, can any body tell me the difference between 'spirit' and 'spirits'. While writing 'hope this letter finds you in the best of your health and spirit or spirits'. Thanks.
Vishvajeetchatterjee

Location: Indore

spirit vs. spirits #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:21 am   spirit vs. spirits

"In good spirits" is the expression you need there.
Molly

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
spirit vs. spirits #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:23 am   spirit vs. spirits

Hello Vish, welcome to English Test.

"In the best of health and spirits" would be suitable there.

Your "spirits" = your "mood".

Best wishes,

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

spirit vs. spirits #4 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:33 am   spirit vs. spirits

Here are two common expressions:

to be in good spirits
to act in good spirit
Molly

spirit vs. spirits #5 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:59 am   spirit vs. spirits

The singular form of spirit is used in various contexts such as the brand name of Coca Cola's new soft drink The Spirit of Georgia.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Loading the car

spirit vs. spirits #6 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:56 pm   spirit vs. spirits

Torsten wrote:

And here www.theholyspirit.com
Molly

meaning of "BS flag"more or lessMeaning of 'come by' in the sentence 'our friends, ..., came by last night.'Indefinite article usagewhat's the different between problem and threat?Business letter: This is to inform you that our call center will opening soon...Another use of THAN in comparative sentence?Sentense: A teacher sends a student out of class for punishmentone black eye looks a little lonelyDifference between held and holdExercise: Does she drive a car? Do you make food?A question on conditionalsthe difference in meaning between on the mountains and in the mountains