Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to pull; to drag
value
tow
presume
counsel
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does chasing goose mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I have always liked... | yourself vs himself
listening exercisestell a friend
What does chasing goose mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:46 am   What does chasing goose mean?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #581 "English Slang Idioms (323)", question 1

"I like James. He is quick on the .......... You only have to tell that guy how to do something once. He understands the importance of something and how it works very quickly," Jack said to his assistant.

(a) intake
(b) uptake
(c) second take
(d) take

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #581 "English Slang Idioms (323)", answer 1

"I like James. He is quick on the uptake. You only have to tell that guy how to do something once. He understands the importance of something and how it works very quickly," Jack said to his assistant.

Correct answer: (b) uptake

WHAT DOES CHASING GOOSE MEAN?
Bucky

What does chasing goose mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 20:31 pm   What does chasing goose mean?

I assume you are referring to the expression "a wild goose chase".
If so, you can find an explanation for that expression here and here.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I have always liked... | yourself vs himself
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What's the difference between clothes and cloths?On Monday morningget down vs. get depressedWhat does the idiom 'horse sense' mean?'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'What are idioms?What does buck mean?Names of basics?Except: blockbusting, price fixing, steering, or redlining?ever vs. alwaysHow are health and safety ensured?test on articlesWhat is 'some rolls'?