to pull; to drag
value
tow
presume
counsel

What does chasing goose mean?

I have always liked... | yourself vs himself
What does chasing goose mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:46 am   What does chasing goose mean?

"I like James. He is quick on the .......... You only have to tell that guy how to do something once. He understands the importance of something and how it works very quickly," Jack said to his assistant.

(a) intake
(b) uptake
(c) second take
(d) take

"I like James. He is quick on the uptake. You only have to tell that guy how to do something once. He understands the importance of something and how it works very quickly," Jack said to his assistant.

Correct answer: (b) uptake
_________________________

WHAT DOES CHASING GOOSE MEAN?
Bucky

What does chasing goose mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 20:31 pm   What does chasing goose mean?

.
I assume you are referring to the expression "a wild goose chase".
If so, you can find an explanation for that expression here and here.
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What's the difference between clothes and cloths?On Monday morningget down vs. get depressedWhat does the idiom 'horse sense' mean?'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'What are idioms?What does buck mean?Names of basics?Except: blockbusting, price fixing, steering, or redlining?ever vs. alwaysHow are health and safety ensured?test on articlesWhat is 'some rolls'?