Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

comfort; fitness or suitability for performing an action
integrity
convenience
imagination
college
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I have always liked...

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does buck mean? | What does chasing goose mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
I have always liked... #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 18:06 pm   I have always liked...

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #708 "Ever vs. never", question 3

A: I have ......... liked the sound of the Italian language all my life it's so beautiful...

(a) always
(b) never
(c) sometimes
(d) ever

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #708 "Ever vs. never", answer 3

A: I have always liked the sound of the Italian language all my life it's so beautiful...

Correct answer: (a) always

Hi Torsten

This test sentence could use some tweaking:

- The use of "have always liked" combined with "all my life" is pretty redundant.

- I presume a second sentence was intended, starting with the word "it's":
. It's so beautiful.

I have always liked... #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 18:51 pm   I have always liked...

On a similar theme, how would this sound, Amy?

I have always liked the sound of the Italian language since my visit there twenty years ago?
Molly
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I have always liked... #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 18:56 pm   I have always liked...

Hi Molly

My post was addressed to Torsten and also addresses a specific sentence. If you want opinions about your specific sentence, I'd suggest starting a separate thread for it.

I have always liked... #4 (permalink) Sat Oct 11, 2008 19:36 pm   I have always liked...

Hi Amy,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. When Alan sent me the test, the sentence contained a dash which I forgot to insert. I've added it and it'll go online with the next update.
Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: A warehouse
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

What does buck mean? | What does chasing goose mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What's the difference between clothes and cloths?get down vs. get depressedWhat does the idiom 'horse sense' mean?'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'yourself vs himselfWhat are idioms?Names of basics?Except: blockbusting, price fixing, steering, or redlining?ever vs. alwaysHow are health and safety ensured?test on articlesWhat is 'some rolls'?automatic stay vs. automatic hold