Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

television or radio advertisement
receipt
commercial
sample
president
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does the idiom 'horse sense' mean? | What are idioms?
listening exercisestell a friend
'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water' #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 12, 2008 16:14 pm   'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #435 "English Slang Idioms (174)", question 1

"I heard someone outside my window last night and my blood turned to .......... I was so scared! It turned out that my husband realized, in the middle of the night, that he had forgot to lock the shed and it was him that I was hearing," Jamie told Dorothy.

(a) mud
(b) water
(c) ice
(d) plastic

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #435 "English Slang Idioms (174)", answer 1

"I heard someone outside my window last night and my blood turned to ice. I was so scared! It turned out that my husband realized, in the middle of the night, that he had forgot to lock the shed and it was him that I was hearing," Jamie told Dorothy.

Correct answer: (c) ice

My blood turned to water when i saw that strange object. This means i became.....?

Omary
Omary

'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water' #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:05 am   'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'

Hi Omary,
The idiom is "My blood turned to ice."
There is no idiom that reads "my blood turns to water." Water is an option that was given in the question but the correct answer is "ice."
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does the idiom 'horse sense' mean? | What are idioms?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
definiton of "on the rocks"What's the difference between clothes and cloths?On Monday morningget down vs. get depressedyourself vs himselfI have always liked...What does buck mean?What does chasing goose mean?Names of basics?Except: blockbusting, price fixing, steering, or redlining?ever vs. alwaysHow are health and safety ensured?meaning of "runs out of bread"