television or radio advertisement
receipt
commercial
sample
president

'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'

What does the idiom 'horse sense' mean? | What are idioms?
'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water' #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 12, 2008 16:14 pm   'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'

"I heard someone outside my window last night and my blood turned to .......... I was so scared! It turned out that my husband realized, in the middle of the night, that he had forgot to lock the shed and it was him that I was hearing," Jamie told Dorothy.

(a) mud
(b) water
(c) ice
(d) plastic

"I heard someone outside my window last night and my blood turned to ice. I was so scared! It turned out that my husband realized, in the middle of the night, that he had forgot to lock the shed and it was him that I was hearing," Jamie told Dorothy.

Correct answer: (c) ice
_________________________

My blood turned to water when i saw that strange object. This means i became.....?

Omary
Omary

'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water' #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:05 am   'my blood turned to ice' vs 'my blood turned to water'

Hi Omary,
The idiom is "My blood turned to ice."
There is no idiom that reads "my blood turns to water." Water is an option that was given in the question but the correct answer is "ice."
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
definiton of "on the rocks"What's the difference between clothes and cloths?On Monday morningget down vs. get depressedyourself vs himselfI have always liked...What does buck mean?What does chasing goose mean?Names of basics?Except: blockbusting, price fixing, steering, or redlining?ever vs. alwaysHow are health and safety ensured?meaning of "runs out of bread"