to fill; to pack (with goods, cargo, etc.)
treasure
load
sample
impede

Nordhausen course

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

ESL Forums | English Team Trainers
English Trainer wanted: Havelberg, March 15 through March 26, 10, full time | Eilenburg Marketing group
Nordhausen course #76 (permalink) Wed Mar 18, 2009 15:19 pm   Nordhausen course

Hi Torsten, Richard and Slava,
today, Wednesday, 18th March 2009 we have managed excellently with the Nordhausen mixed group.
The group members are very thankful that we are preparing them for the TOEIC test examination.
We have managed some English-test-net tests (f.i. with watch vs see & call vs speak…)
We have reviewed today and will review tomorrow
the numbers,
the simple present
(positive,
negative,
questions),
the question words,
how to tell the time,
basic adjectives,
adverbs
comparison etc.
The four Ladies & the three gentlemen were very motivated and cooperative.
Best regards from Mrs Zien and the team.
I will deposit Friday afternoon your chip card for entering the Schachtbau area agian with the door keeper.
Best regards
Uli
HansUlrich

Location: Germany, Leipzig

Nordhausen course #77 (permalink) Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:11 am   Nordhausen course

Hi Torsten, Richard and Slava,
today, Friday, 20th March 2009 ( beginning of Spring in Nordhausen but rather cold & windy outside ...but a cooperative atmosphere in our very motivated learning group) we have repeated some grammar....
The group members are very thankful that we are preparing them for the TOEIC test examination... but Frank proposed to manage also the IELTS test for entering the expanding Canadian labour market. Please discuss this with the group and Mrs. Thomas next Monday.
We have managed some additional English-test.net tests especially the listening / audio versions...many thanks for your great work.
We have reviewed today
the plural formation,
how to form new words
the simple present
(positive,
negative,
questions),
the question words,
how to tell the time,
basic adjectives,
adverbs
time schedules etc.
Next Tuesday another Gentleman will enter the group.
Best regards from Mrs. Thomas and the team.
I will deposit your chip card for entering the Schachtbau area agian with the door keeper respectively with Mrs. Thomas.
Best regards
Uli.
HansUlrich

Location: Germany, Leipzig

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Nordhausen course #78 (permalink) Thu Apr 30, 2009 13:18 pm   Nordhausen course

Hi Uli, Matthias, Richard, Ian and Scott,

The Nordhausen group have been making great strides and they look forward to meeting their second native speaker on Monday, Mr Graham. We have covered Busniness Basics including 'Dealing with Problems' on page 103. We also did the simple present/present progressive, simple past, present perfect and the future tenses. As you know, this is an ongoing process and you need to review all of these grammar items on a regular basis.

We also did quite a lot of listening comprehension using Voice of America exercises on our own site.

You can see the progress report of one of the group members here: We also did quite a lot of listening comprehension using Voice of America exercises on our own tests. You can see the progress report of the group members here:
http://www.english-test.net/progress_report/index.php?user=31686

TOEIC listening, question-response: You haven't registered for the conference yet, have you?

Nordhausen course #79 (permalink) Fri May 01, 2009 15:29 pm   Nordhausen course

Hi dear Torsten, Matthias, Richard, Ian and Scott,
Congratulation to your great successes with our diligent Nordhausen group.
Many thanks for the detailed progress report of one of the group members.
You are quite right: using a lot of listening comprehension via Voice of America exercises on our own site is an excellent preparation for successful global communication.
Please give my best greetings to our diligent Nordhausen group students.
With my best regards Uli. :P :P
HansUlrich

Location: Germany, Leipzig

Nordhausen course #80 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 20:50 pm   Nordhausen course

Hi to all the Nordhausen crew,
I've had a great couple of days with the group, I have to say I'm very impressed with them.
As well as covering 2 chapters of the book which were 'Complaints and solutions' and suggestions. We also looked at conditionals which the group all found 'a piece of cake', and also the use of 'used to'.
I also showed them a useful website for watching English movies and series, and we watched an episode of 'Dragons' den' which I find is great for them as lots of different business language crops up.
Throughout the 2 days we also talked about English culture, behaviour and idioms.
I look forward to see them again next week.
Have fun!!!
Scott Graham

Location: Planet earth

Nordhausen course #81 (permalink) Fri May 08, 2009 11:44 am   Nordhausen course

Hi Scott,

We completed the book up until page 12, read an overview of the TOEIC reading part, did some sample TOEIC incomplete questions and reviewed the tenses. Please review the tenses, the conditionals and the passive again and you might also do some more work on The Dragon's Den (compiling a list of some of the business ideas pitched, creating list with phrases used in the presentations and writing a guideline for giving a sales pitch/presentation. Frank has all the information for the field trip on Wednesday so please ask him to give you an update.

Also, please go through the different parts of speech again as the group will need to know how to use them in the TOEIC exam. We talked about the difference between its and it's and you might want to read its vs. it's with them.

Many thanks,

TOEIC listening, talks: Announcing the next participant in a TV quiz show

Nordhausen course #82 (permalink) Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 am   Nordhausen course

Hi to all the Nordhausen crew and students,
all the best for you. Best regards Uli.
HansUlrich

Location: Germany, Leipzig

Nordhausen course #83 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 12:28 pm   Nordhausen course

Hi Uli,

Thanks a lot for checking in with us. Scott, can you please review the tenses again and also do some activities such as telling someone the way, ordering a product, buying and selling a car, opening a bank account, etc.

Also, please remind the group to continue with their project (we started creating a list with English words and phrases used in German). In addition, please allow the group some time to complete some of our online tests.

We'll schedule the TOEIC test for May 27.

Have fun,

TOEIC listening, talks: A newspaper journalist is leaving a voice message for a city developer

Nordhausen course #84 (permalink) Mon Feb 01, 2010 16:49 pm   Nordhausen course

Hi to all the Nordhausen crew,
today we had a great day with the group.
We also looked at the negation, comparison, formation of questions etc. as Michael wrote in the documentation.
Throughout the day we also talked about the Irish history, culture, behaviour and idioms.
We look forward to see our group tomorrow.
Have fun!!!
Best regards Brian and Uli.
HansUlrich

Location: Germany, Leipzig

ESL Forums | English Team Trainers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Looking for a job in or around BOCHUM, GERMANY in OCTOBER.English trainer wanted: Halle, June 14 through June 25ESL Trainers wanted: TOEIC® Prep course Nordhausen, April 26 through June 2Wanted: English trainer in Neubrandenburg, April 12 to 16Preiswerte Unterkunft in Nordhausen/Harz gesuchtFerienwohnung in Mönchengladbach gesucht!English trainers wanted: Havelberg August/September 2010 (evening course)English Trainer wanted: Havelberg, February 1 through February 12, 10, full timeEnglish trainers wanted: permanent position in CologneEnglish trainer wanted: Cologne, January 4 through 22, 2010English Trainer wanted: Refresher in Mönchengladbach, February 22 through March 1Wanted: English trainer in Neubrandenburg, February 2010English Trainers wanted: LCCI prep course in Lüdenscheid