small globule of liquid; drip; very small amount; pendant
drop
alert
main
category

What does miserable mean?

This test helped me improve my English! | why is not said, since to greet means say hi?
What does miserable mean? #1 (permalink) Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:16 pm   What does miserable mean?

ESL/EFL Test #709 "Time of the Year", question 1

A: Why are you looking so ......... in the mouth? There's no need to be so miserable, is there?

(a) down
(b) up
(c) off
(d) over

ESL/EFL Test #709 "Time of the Year", answer 1

A: Why are you looking so down in the mouth? There's no need to be so miserable, is there?

Correct answer: (a) down
_________________________

What does miserable mean?

Missy
Missy

What does miserable mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Oct 15, 2008 13:40 pm   What does miserable mean?

'Miserable' means 'unhappy', 'sad'.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Meaning of "I have no idea why"How do I address an envelope to a widowed woman?What is the difference between insult and assult?Every been to Italy?What does 'show business' mean?What is the relation between fax no. and pages?Meaning of behavioralsmell vs. scentWhat does 'prize' mean?definiton of "on the rocks"What's the difference between clothes and cloths?On Monday morninginvented vs. developed