Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to pull by force; to twist; to cut off; to distort; to pervert
issue
wrench
dismiss
content
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What does In Care Of mean?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
The probationary period | Big of you
listening exercisestell a friend
What does In Care Of mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 18, 2008 0:20 am   What does In Care Of mean?

What does In Care Of mean?

I have to write my Mailing Address, they ask me to write on the box of In Care Of. Should I write my name there?

Does it mean send mail to someone at someone else's address? But the adress I am going to write is mine. Should I left that box empty?

Thanks in advance.
Happytofita
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does In Care Of mean? #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:39 am   What does In Care Of mean?

Hi Happytofita

If the mailing address is your residence (the place where you always get your mail), you do not need to fill in the "in care of" box.
If you were living at someone else's house, then you would fill in that person's name in the "in care of" box.

Look here:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/in_care_of?rdfrom=In_care_of

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does In Care Of mean? #3 (permalink) Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:53 pm   What does In Care Of mean?

Hi Yankee,

Thanks for helping : o ).
Happytofita
I'm here quite often ;-)

The probationary period | Big of you
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
usage of "seen dead doing"doesn't like to eat and gets dressedQuestion tags?What is the difference between fate and destiny?depend on vs. depend toUsage of 'easy-going'something vs somethingsUsage of agree, accept, admit, approveHow can this kind of trip be called?"My feet" and "My eyes"Expression "Embark on risky investments"Usage of "eat chalk"Usage of the word facade