inflow; inward flow; place where a stream flows into another body of water
procedure
inspiration
influx
particular

The use of words "Different and Difference"

phrases: to have trouble with, at least | If we had known that earlier...
The use of words "Different and Difference" #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 27, 2008 13:23 pm   The use of words "Different and Difference"

Hi everybody,

Would you please explain to me the use of words “Different & Difference” I feel sometimes confused when I use them.

Many thasks fo the help

Nibras
Nibras

The use of words "Different and Difference" #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 27, 2008 21:34 pm   The use of words "Different and Difference"

Hi Nibras

The word "different" is an adjective and it is used to describe a noun.
The word "difference" is a noun.
Look at the examples here:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=21636&dict=CALD
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The use of words "Different and Difference" #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:51 am   The use of words "Different and Difference"

Dear Yankee,
I really appreciate your help in this regard. Finally I got it.

Many Thanks,
Nibras,
Nibras

Expression: (As) A work of...Grammar mistakes: My mind is full with different thoughts. I have to make my...X's father's deathWhat is your appetite like? Do you feel a good appetite or not?Meaning of 'Beat time' (Alice in Wonderland by L.Carrol)order of adjectives according to chronology and importancemade of vs making ofbeen to v. gone toUsage of "Instill Yourself"Did he/she "get" removed the test cases from QC? - Is this correct?Then, I will punish the people who made me stay without my mum, made me cryMeaning of attendence ("people like you dance attendence on me")How to use words: plague, infection, contagious, epidemic?