Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

inflow; inward flow; place where a stream flows into another body of water
procedure
inspiration
influx
particular
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

The use of words "Different and Difference"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
phrases: to have trouble with, at least | If we had known that earlier...
listening exercisestell a friend
The use of words "Different and Difference" #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 27, 2008 13:23 pm   The use of words "Different and Difference"

Hi everybody,

Would you please explain to me the use of words “Different & Difference” I feel sometimes confused when I use them.

Many thasks fo the help

Nibras
Nibras
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

The use of words "Different and Difference" #2 (permalink) Mon Oct 27, 2008 21:34 pm   The use of words "Different and Difference"

Hi Nibras

The word "different" is an adjective and it is used to describe a noun.
The word "difference" is a noun.
Look at the examples here:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=21636&dict=CALD

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The use of words "Different and Difference" #3 (permalink) Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:51 am   The use of words "Different and Difference"

Dear Yankee,
I really appreciate your help in this regard. Finally I got it.

Many Thanks,
Nibras,
Nibras
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

phrases: to have trouble with, at least | If we had known that earlier...
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Expression: (As) A work of...Grammar mistakes: My mind is full with different thoughts. I have to make my...X's father's deathWhat is your appetite like? Do you feel a good appetite or not?Meaning of 'Beat time' (Alice in Wonderland by L.Carrol)order of adjectives according to chronology and importancemade of vs making ofbeen to v. gone toUsage of "Instill Yourself"Did he/she "get" removed the test cases from QC? - Is this correct?Then, I will punish the people who made me stay without my mum, made me cryMeaning of attendence ("people like you dance attendence on me")How to use words: plague, infection, contagious, epidemic?