terrible; awful; disgusting
horrible
crowded
characteristic
feasible

meaning of janitorial

What is 'clear title'? | Why said insted of told?
meaning of janitorial #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:57 am   meaning of janitorial

"Have you talked to the janitorial staff about the poor job they've been doing in the restrooms?" Elliot asked. Jay responded, "Yes, I took them to ......... about that this morning."

(a) task
(b) work
(c) jail
(d) chore

"Have you talked to the janitorial staff about the poor job they've been doing in the restrooms?" Elliot asked. Jay responded, "Yes, I took them to task about that this morning."

Correct answer: (a) task
_________________________

what's janitorial?

Emma
Emma

meaning of janitorial #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:14 pm   meaning of janitorial

The janitorial staff or janitors are the caretakers, that is, the people who look after a school or college, for example.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of janitorial #3 (permalink) Mon Aug 17, 2009 18:16 pm   meaning of janitorial

it's not quite clear. are they cleaners? or otherwise?
Smartari

Location: Sialkot Pakistan

meaning of janitorial #4 (permalink) Sun Mar 07, 2010 19:37 pm   meaning of janitorial

"I took them to task about that" means I requested explanations from them, or I put them to do the job again?

Baubau

meaning of janitorial #5 (permalink) Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 am   meaning of janitorial

For those who might have the same query:

take to task : to call to account for a shortcoming, criticize
take somebody to task: to scold or reprimand someone, to criticize someone angrily for something that they have done (often + for)
Baubau

Meaning of "Time consuming"What does the "staffing efforts" mean?Why is it called as cellular telephone?Difference between 'I'll see if I can help' and 'I'll look if I can help'What does 'put off' mean?Overhead levelled off?What does read him like a book mean?Meaning of "That sounds great/good"What does hand in mean?What is an old windsock?sterile vs fertileWhat does hooked up mean?What does morals mean?