to carry; to encourage; to assist financially; to substantiate
support
fold
agree
supervise

The difference between connecting and linking?

When to use "that" and when not to | Publish the accounts
The difference between connecting and linking? #1 (permalink) Thu May 05, 2005 8:12 am   The difference between connecting and linking?

Test No. incompl/inter-50 "Computers", question 2

I understand that I can make it possible for both my computers to share the same programs by means of ..........

(a) joining
(b) connecting
(c) linking
(d) networking

Test No. incompl/inter-50 "Computers", answer 2

I understand that I can make it possible for both my computers to share the same programs by means of networking.

Correct answer: (d) networking
_________________________

the difference between connecting and linking?
huybanh

Difference between connecting and linking #2 (permalink) Thu May 05, 2005 9:30 am   Difference between connecting and linking

They both have the sense of join. Connect is perhaps more literal as in : The hand is connected to the wrist. Link is more figurative or abstract as in: The two countries are linked by their love of freedom.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Hit or miss methodYou mustn't let your stocks run dryI'd like to explain the verb 'improve'Difference between loan and borrowWe are taking the day offStrengths and weaknessesDifference between largely and overallwhat does conceited mean?I can't meet you on that matterDifference between receding and recessionFill in or fill out?Difference between longstanding and regular customerDifference between error and mistake