Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

resistant; invulnerable; impervious; sealed; durable
payable
commercial
duplicate
proof
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How to differentiate between noun and adjective?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
negative imperatives with pronoun subjects | the difference between refuse and reject
listening exercisestell a friend
How to differentiate between noun and adjective? #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:32 am   How to differentiate between noun and adjective?

Hello everyone, I sometimes have trouble to differentiate between noun and adjective. Would you please give some tips?
Erry

Nouns and adjectives #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 am   Nouns and adjectives

Nouns are the names of things, qualities, etc: pencil, health, mountain, earnestness.
Adjectives describe nouns (things, qualities, etc): red pencil, good health, snowy mountain, earnest effort.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
negative imperatives with pronoun subjects | the difference between refuse and reject
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'You didn't leave anything on the playing field'?Expression 'the very best'?Expression '... he said to a long roar'?I have seen your father before I come hereIn my language there's a word which is a kind of register for dogsHow to explain, 'He lives in London.' but 'Where does he live?'Usage of 'straight' and 'straight up'Regularity of our life'I would never do that' vs 'I will never do that'Can the word 'projected' in the following sentence by relpaced by 'predict'?acceptability of "in a continent"Contract partner vs. contracting partner?Meaning of 'Get to Basically, ...Walk Smack into ..., and Sounds about right'