Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

amid; in the middle
precisely
miserably
between
hard
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

It was a direct consequence of his failure?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'safari' mean? Thanks! | What does 'benched' mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
It was a direct consequence of his failure? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:04 am   It was a direct consequence of his failure?

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", question 4

It was easy to realise why the machine had stopped working since it was a direct ......... of his failure to maintain it.

(a) complement
(b) concern
(c) consequence
(d) conviction

Business English Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", answer 4

It was easy to realise why the machine had stopped working since it was a direct consequence of his failure to maintain it.

Correct answer: (c) consequence

Is consequence the right option?
Uja

It was a direct consequence of his failure? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:10 am   It was a direct consequence of his failure?

Hi,

Yes, it is.

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'safari' mean? Thanks! | What does 'benched' mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does "some z's" mean?Meaning of "nerd and wimp"Can't you leave well enough alone = don't mention the thing again?surrendered vs. desertedWhat is the difference between 'bug me' and 'tug me'?Left to my own devices?What are knock-down drag out fights?When do you use management and Management?How to translate suck it up in this sentence?meaning of lackKnock your socks off? What does that mean?How to understand "Knock the pins out from"?bull vs board