amid; in the middle
precisely
miserably
between
hard

It was a direct consequence of his failure?

What does 'safari' mean? Thanks! | What does 'benched' mean?
It was a direct consequence of his failure? #1 (permalink) Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:04 am   It was a direct consequence of his failure?

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", question 4

It was easy to realise why the machine had stopped working since it was a direct ......... of his failure to maintain it.

(a) complement
(b) concern
(c) consequence
(d) conviction

ESL/EFL Test #86 "Verbal Communication Skills", answer 4

It was easy to realise why the machine had stopped working since it was a direct consequence of his failure to maintain it.

Correct answer: (c) consequence
_________________________

Is consequence the right option?
Uja

It was a direct consequence of his failure? #2 (permalink) Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:10 am   It was a direct consequence of his failure?

Yes, it is.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What does "some z's" mean?Meaning of "nerd and wimp"Can't you leave well enough alone = don't mention the thing again?surrendered vs. desertedWhat is the difference between 'bug me' and 'tug me'?Left to my own devices?What are knock-down drag out fights?When do you use management and Management?How to translate suck it up in this sentence?meaning of lackKnock your socks off? What does that mean?How to understand "Knock the pins out from"?bull vs board