understanding; wisdom; intelligence (Slang)
lawyer
permit
savvy
focus

Difference between think and mind

Meet you face to face | Everything is coming up roses
Difference between think and mind #1 (permalink) Tue May 10, 2005 8:48 am   Difference between think and mind

Test No. incompl/elem-14 "Computers", question 5

What sort of things do you have in .........?

(a) thought
(b) mind
(c) idea
(d) think

Test No. incompl/elem-14 "Computers", answer 5

What sort of things do you have in mind?

Correct answer: (b) mind

_________________________

How do i find difference between "Mind" and "Thinhk"
Tran Thuy Duong

Difference between think and mind #2 (permalink) Tue May 10, 2005 9:46 am   Difference between think and mind

Think is a verb, mind can be a verb or a noun as the in this phrase: What sort of things do you have in mind?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Breaking the rock

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Thought or mind, idea or wits #3 (permalink) Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:47 pm   Thought or mind, idea or wits

Dear Mr. Alan and Torsten,

Regarding this topic, i still have some questions to ask. First about the difference between " thought" and "mind" since when I tried to translate to my own language (Indonesian) ,they meant the same. So I hope you're glad to explain it. How to make use of them in sentences to make it clearer?

And then about , idea and wits, we've got a tv program named "battle of wits" here. Do they have same meaning? or is there any difference ?

That's all and thanks in advance for your answers.
Made Sariada

Location: Bali, Indonesia

Difference between think and mind #4 (permalink) Sun Oct 16, 2005 13:41 pm   Difference between think and mind

.
In these cases, thought (as a noun) is a process that runs through the mind-- the mind is the receptacle and generator of thoughts.

Wits is here used for cleverness or perceptiveness; a witty person is glib and intellectually humorous. A battle of wits is actually an idiomatic expression meaning "a contest in which intelligence rather than violence is used". Wit is normally an uncountable noun with an anomalous plural form

An idea, on the other hand, is a creative thought of any kind.
_________________

Idiom: I'm all for it!What happens vs. what will happenPolice countable or uncountable?Worth vs. worthyPhrasal verb: come upIs this is a fixed phrase? Well done!Idiom: out of my handsBreaking glass vs. broken glassAppearing vs. apparentlyAirlines and departuresEconomical vs. economicNeither rhyme nor reason - ShakespeareAt home vs. in the house