discovered
payable
wire
capable
found

What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

using have been &hadbeen | learn english
What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it. #1 (permalink) Wed Nov 19, 2008 13:58 pm   What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

Thanks for advance.
Sajjaninsan

What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it. #2 (permalink) Wed Nov 19, 2008 17:33 pm   What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

Gotta is slang/street version of got to (have to), based on its pronunciation. Similarly, Wanna = want to; Gonna = going to.
Diverhank

Location: California, USA

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it. #3 (permalink) Wed Nov 19, 2008 17:37 pm   What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

Hi Sajj,

In addition to Hank's explanation you might want to learn that your sentence should read Thanks in advance.

TOEIC short conversations: Two people discuss options of buying a new TV.

What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it. #4 (permalink) Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:09 am   What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

Gotta - (have or has) got to

"I gotta go home. "
"She's gotta be kidding."

wanna -

1. Contraction of want to: You wanna go now?
2. Contraction of want a: You wanna slice of pie?

gonna

Contraction of going to: We're gonna win today.

http://www.answers.com/

http://www.yourdictionary.com/
VSPrasad

What is the diffrence between come on time and come in time. #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 04, 2008 15:33 pm   What is the diffrence between come on time and come in time.

I want to know where we will use come on time and where we will use come in time.

Is it correct . what the meaning of this sentence.

We should come on time.
We should come in time.
Sajjaninsan

What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it. #6 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 13:40 pm   What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

i just want to know can we use gonna instead of will in future tense but sometimes i watch in movies actors use it for future tense.
Samsong16

gotta or gonna #7 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 13:43 pm   gotta or gonna

Samsong16

What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it. #8 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 14:09 pm   What is the meaning of Gotta, wanna and gonna and how to use it.

Hello samsong,

'Gonna' is not grammatically correct English in any context.
_________________

gotta or gonna #9 (permalink) Sat Aug 07, 2010 21:46 pm   gotta or gonna

Samsong16 wrote:

I suppose it can be used in future tense the same way "going to" is used. For example..."We're gonna die" is in the immediate future tense...describing something that is going to happen but not yet -- there I just used it in that context...
Diverhank

Location: California, USA

make both ends meetcollege physics"adverbs of frequency + verb"Stay tunedabout / onnationalitiesApplication for Post Vacant in Pre-Clinical Pharmacologyusage of "inflict"Home v.s. a homespouse what that mean?thanks to...Sorry typed wrongly.Now tell me the meaningrector vs chancellor vs president