Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

therapy; care; relation; attitude; behavior
procurement
helicopter
pair
treatment
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Conversation between two members in an English group

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
why we use simple present tense when referring to a past author? | I would not have felt so nervous if I had practiced a lot more
listening exercisestell a friend
Conversation between two members in an English group #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 04, 2008 16:30 pm   Conversation between two members in an English group

I need people who speak english natively help me to identify something.
Here's a short random conversation between two members in an english group. Please take some time and read it through.
=============================================
A: hi every-one..rain will reach most parts during the day.
B:hey,which part of the gobali must collect my cothing balcony
A:....aspeciaially in your room..
A:aspecially*
B:i don't like to wathch the weather forcast,so everytime my clothes always get wetted
B:ha ha
A:you better take my adviced then....
B:yes,i will
A:i'll try to think about your problem..
B:i think from now on i will benifit from your suggestion.he he
B:Er,can you think even more?
A:absolutely true..
A:focus on what on what i'll contribute to the room..
A:you'll get what you need from it....
B:ok,i will devote all my energy to the room
B:emm
B:for example?
A:but you need more active be4 u reach that point
A:set an example..be outspoken in your praise for the room...
B:em,Er,for the sky can't drop a pisa?ha ha
B:that's not a question
A:but what if i do you don't?
B:nothing
B:i can do angything
A:..are you sure?
B:yes
B:sure
A:yu have to love your room and see it as a relationship....
B:certainly i love it and we have bulit good relationship with each other
A:if you're in the bad one,what are you going to do about it?
B:that's just your hypothesis,so i don't need to pay much attention to it
A:ha..ha..i would love a fish and ship then
A:actually,if i am in that surrounding i will try my best to change
A:but don't put up or shut up,ok
B:yes,ha ha
B:it's my study time now ,see you
A:i love the way you talk...
A:hope see you soon in the future,ok
B:ok
A:bye sweetie
B:i am looking forward to .....
A:good girl...
================END======================

ok, and here's my problem, 'A' claimed that he is a native english speaker and grew up in London, but I've never seen any native speaker talk in such a way. Do you guys have any idea?
Babypumpkin
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

native english speakers please come in~ #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 04, 2008 17:00 pm   native english speakers please come in~

Quote:
A:....aspeciaially in your room..
A:aspecially*
B:i don't like to wathch the weather forcast,so everytime my clothes always get wetted
A:you better take my adviced then....
B:yes,i will

I am not a native speaker, but I do not think that a native speaker will make the mistakes above.
Happytofita
I'm here quite often ;-)

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Conversation between two members in an English group #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:28 am   Conversation between two members in an English group

Hi there,

After reviewing the text you have provided, I wonder if those were the original words for words. I am a new joined member to this form. I am not a native speaker but hopefully you don't mind that I would like to share of my thoughts here. I live in the USA. It looks like a trend of our young people's conversation and most of them usually shorten the normal English words and most of them were borned and raised in a English speaking country. It does not mean they are well educated and received the proper education. I am the first generation from my family who have received education in USA since 3rd grade to college and I am still haven't mastered the language. I think there are many factors that contribute to the problem. Wouldn't you say? Proper training, trends, normal and formal speech, and who you are audience.

Tiffany
Tiffanyenglish
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

why we use simple present tense when referring to a past author? | I would not have felt so nervous if I had practiced a lot more
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Why In Plural Form but Not In singular Form?Sentence: The sooner schooling starts the more likely it is that play gets...During/On/At ChristmasHeads-up and polish the EnglishHow to use for example and for examples?Sentence: Do you realise it's nearly midnight? it's time you ... in bedEavesdropping?Simple present tense: 'Fish live in water' and 'oil will float on water'What does timeless present mean?I am delighted to see/seeing you againAccording to plurals: wife - wifes / wivesDifference of Until vs Up toPhrase: to complain on?