instructor; director; escort; leader; manual; handbook
difficulty
coal
guide
newsletter

What does "walks of life" mean?

Meaning of the term 'stage hand' | What does this idiom mean: "a lot of hot air"?
What does "walks of life" mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 16, 2008 18:05 pm   What does "walks of life" mean?

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #12 "At the Finance Company Again", question 4

I enjoy the personnel contact with them as they come from all walks of life and are all ages.

(a) personnel
(b) them
(c) are

English Error, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #12 "At the Finance Company Again", answer 4

I enjoy the personal contact with them as they come from all walks of life and are all ages.

Correct entry: personal
The error was: (a) personnel

You have found the error and your entry is correct.
_________________________

" walks of life", what does it mean?

thanks,
kaokala
kaokala

What does "walks of life" mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Dec 16, 2008 22:37 pm   What does "walks of life" mean?

To meet people from different walks of life, means to meet people from different social classes, different occupations, different set of minds, etc.
Happytofita

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Balmy weather vs Frosty weathereverything vs. anythingsound vs speechGood test!Why it could not be "expressed fashion"?How does this affect the relationships that God created?accept vs agreeThank you for vs. thank to?infra red vs. infraredWhat does "roaming agreement" mean?Can you explain the meaning of the phrase "cell broadcasts"?What does "self-timer" mean?What does fed up mean?