Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

part; portion; slice; piece
achievement
segment
receipt
climate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Can I say so? | what are the main points of developing English?
listening exercisestell a friend
'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #1 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:56 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

hello everyone,
I am confused about the difference between 'parallel' VS 'parallelly' when they are used as adverbs, would sb help?
thanks!
Steven He

'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #2 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:19 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

I can't find word "parallelly" in dictionary. parallel is both noun and adj. You make me confused too^^
Darkangel12891
You can meet me at english-test.net

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:20 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

Dear D.angel
thanks for your answer, the word 'parallelly' can be found in GOOGLE by thousands of sites, and the 'parallel' also can be used as an adverb as well as a noun and a verb. I thought native speakers might know something between……
Steven He

'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:54 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

Steven He,
"I thought native speakers might know something between……"

Do you mean that native speakers "might have known" (they should already have the knowledge by now)?

Do you mean that native speakers "might know" (they have to learn about this now)?

Thanks,
Suresh
Sureshvemuri
I'm here quite often ;-)

'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #5 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:19 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

To Dear zealous Suresh,
seems we've gone far away from my topic,but still ‘merci’(thanks).
I mean definitely the former,but ‘might’ here really means ‘have to’?
your sincerely
Steven
Steven He

'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #6 (permalink) Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:35 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

Steven He wrote:
To Dear zealous Suresh
Steven

This word doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, this indicates your levels of sense, and your cinical mindset (almost insane)
I would like to know, any stray dog has bitten you?

Suresh
Sureshvemuri
I'm here quite often ;-)

'parallel' vs 'parallelly' #7 (permalink) Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:04 am   'parallel' vs 'parallelly'

Sureshvemuri wrote:
Steven He wrote:
To Dear zealous Suresh
Steven

This word doesn't make any sense.
Anyway, this indicates your levels of sense, and your cinical mindset (almost insane)
I would like to know, any stray dog has bitten you?

Suresh

Suresh
I attempt no hostility, maybe my wrong selection of this word' zealous' means sth bad to you, and i apologize here.
I am just finding help to learn here. Thanks!
Steven He

Can I say so? | what are the main points of developing English?
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Warm Hearted vs Warm BloodedI am happy for him to lose. vs I am happy for him to have lost.for or in? (For less than ten years, a third of Vietnam's population, or as many)Where do you hang out?Can an adverb modify a pronoun?"He arrived at about noun" At as a preposition for expressing time.Usage of leverage. What does this mean?where do we use "as"?Text: Solar energy is a long last source of energy which could be used almost...Difference between imply, indicate and denoteUsage of the word "in-person"Statement: I decided to took the position of call-ceneter because consider..."state" vs "status"