goods; ware; stock; articles or items to be sold
acronym
addition
peace
merchandise

What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean?

meaning of preferment | The meaning of "light rain"
What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Dec 27, 2008 15:05 pm   What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean?

"I'm at the ......... of my tether at work. If the boss yells at me one more time for someone else's mistake, I'm going to get up and walk out," Jerry said to Phil.

(a) back
(b) front
(c) top
(d) end

"I'm at the end of my tether at work. If the boss yells at me one more time for someone else's mistake, I'm going to get up and walk out," Jerry said to Phil.

Correct answer: (d) end

"I'm at the back of my tether at work. If the boss yells at me one more time for someone else's mistake, I'm going to get up and walk out," Jerry said to Phil.
_________________________

what does this phrase mean? i am at the end of my tether

Vaida
Vaida

What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean? #2 (permalink) Mon Dec 29, 2008 19:49 pm   What does the phrase 'I'm at the end of my tether at work' mean?

It's an idiom that means a person is extremely frustrated and no longer has the patience or the will to deal with or manage the thing/person that is causing the frustration.
The word tether is a rope that is used to prevent animals from wandering around.
Exact definition: "something (as a rope or chain) by which an animal is fastened so that it can range only within a set radius."
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "take the law into your own hands""68-year-old" instead of "68-years-old"I haven't seen 'a ripper of a time' before, doesn't it mean 'a wonderful time'?"yet" and "however"After Summer come the...?What does Chinooks mean?What's the difference between account and count?Garbage in garbage out kind of thing?Meaning of the idiom "fall off a turnip truck"What's the grammar rule for using anyone and no one?What does 'dead from the neck up' mean?meaning of TwilightWhat does balmy mean?