Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

rope; cord; link; connection; equal score in a game
tension
availability
tie
simple
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I would like to go vs. I would like going?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Letter: My name is Jessy. I found out from the online Nursing information package | Give Up or Give it Up
listening exercisestell a friend
I would like to go vs. I would like going? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 30, 2008 20:50 pm   I would like to go vs. I would like going?

Osman99 wrote:
I would like to go the Concert. or I would like going the concert, what is the diffrence?

If I wanted to say that I generally am a concert goer, because I love performances, so I - more or less frequently- go to concerts, I would express that by saying: I like going to concerts.
Whilst If I wanted to express my desire to go to a particular concert, I would choose 'I would like to go to the concert'.

I think that is the difference between these two expressions: 'I like going.....' and 'I would like to go to......'.

Dear Teachers, correct me if I've mistaken. :)
Lea1966
You can meet me at english-test.net

I would like to go vs. I would like going? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:22 am   I would like to go vs. I would like going?

Your understanding of this is accurate. However, if you are generally a concert goer, you can also say, "I like to go to concerts." It means the same thing as, "I like going to concerts."
Jamie (K)
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
happy new year #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 19:28 pm   happy new year

Dear Torsten team and all forum friends,

As the Year 2008 Draws To An End,
I Want To Thank The Special People Who Touched My Life With Their Concern & Made My Life More Meaningful. You are One of them, THANK YOU For Your Contribution To My Life,
May ALMIGHTY ALLAH continue To give you abundand Blessings & Happiness In The coming Year.
AMEEN.

Your friend and student
Khan
Shafqat
I'm here quite often ;-)

Letter: My name is Jessy. I found out from the online Nursing information package | Give Up or Give it Up
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Why culture not plural since places may mean different societies...Problem on MP3Conditional sentences: If you worked hard, you will achieve the sale target...Usage of "neither nor"Harvest or crop?Usage of reason: The reason I didn't help you was for you to learn to do...Grammar doubt: what am I bid for that old book?Sentence: I am planning to enroll for nursing courseunlimited and limitlessDoes any one to explain me to use "had been" and "has been"?Paragraph: Akon is better than T-Pain in singing. He sings with ease. He sings...American English: take a [verb]Difference between collocation and fixed expression?