rope; cord; link; connection; equal score in a game
tension
availability
tie
simple

I would like to go vs. I would like going?

Letter: My name is Jessy. I found out from the online Nursing information package | Give Up or Give it Up
I would like to go vs. I would like going? #1 (permalink) Tue Dec 30, 2008 20:50 pm   I would like to go vs. I would like going?

Osman99 wrote:
I would like to go the Concert. or I would like going the concert, what is the diffrence?

If I wanted to say that I generally am a concert goer, because I love performances, so I - more or less frequently- go to concerts, I would express that by saying: I like going to concerts.
Whilst If I wanted to express my desire to go to a particular concert, I would choose 'I would like to go to the concert'.

I think that is the difference between these two expressions: 'I like going.....' and 'I would like to go to......'.

Dear Teachers, correct me if I've mistaken. :)
Lea1966

Location: Poland

I would like to go vs. I would like going? #2 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:22 am   I would like to go vs. I would like going?

Your understanding of this is accurate. However, if you are generally a concert goer, you can also say, "I like to go to concerts." It means the same thing as, "I like going to concerts."

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
happy new year #3 (permalink) Wed Dec 31, 2008 19:28 pm   happy new year

Dear Torsten team and all forum friends,

As the Year 2008 Draws To An End,
I Want To Thank The Special People Who Touched My Life With Their Concern & Made My Life More Meaningful. You are One of them, THANK YOU For Your Contribution To My Life,
May ALMIGHTY ALLAH continue To give you abundand Blessings & Happiness In The coming Year.
AMEEN.

Your friend and student
Khan
Shafqat

Why culture not plural since places may mean different societies...Problem on MP3Conditional sentences: If you worked hard, you will achieve the sale target...Usage of "neither nor"Harvest or crop?Usage of reason: The reason I didn't help you was for you to learn to do...Grammar doubt: what am I bid for that old book?Sentence: I am planning to enroll for nursing courseunlimited and limitlessDoes any one to explain me to use "had been" and "has been"?Paragraph: Akon is better than T-Pain in singing. He sings with ease. He sings...American English: take a [verb]Difference between collocation and fixed expression?