to display or wave boastfully
gibe
deprecate
flaunt
vanquish

TOEFLŪ speaking section: How birthdays are celebrated in your country?

I am looking for a TOEFLŪ preparation course to help with the TOEFLŪ exam | TOEFLŪ specking topic: What type of home would you like to live in?
TOEFL speaking section: How birthdays are celebrated in your country? #1 (permalink) Thu Jan 01, 2009 17:35 pm   TOEFL speaking section: How birthdays are celebrated in your country?

Explain how birthdays are celebrated in your country. Use specific examples and details in your explanation.

In my country, birthdays are celebrated every year but the most important birthday is a jubilee. In contrast to usual birthday celebrating, it is more interesting and more important to participate in this party. This could be celebrated at home or in a restaurant. The person wears a strong white dress with accurately brushed hair. There are a lot of people, surrounding the person celebrating his name day, give various presents and wishes. Then the family members invite guests to celebrate the birthday. And there is music and dancing and food. Traditionally, only relatives and close friends stay until late at night, sometimes even until the morning, but many more people leave the party earlier.

Please check it. And say me, what could i add also here ??

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his assistant
BlackStar

An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthda #2 (permalink) Thu Jan 01, 2009 21:42 pm   An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthda

BlackStar wrote:

This is a paragraph not an essay.

As far as I am concerned, it is not a good idea to write a paragraph for the speaking section and memorize it by heart.

Remember it is about how you say not what you say.

Best of luck
Happytofita

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthday' #3 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:08 pm   An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthday'

Thank you for your attention. I know that it is more important how i say this. But logical correlation is most important for me. That's why i have posted here.

Could anybody check this small essay?
BlackStar

An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthday #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 02, 2009 14:49 pm   An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthday

BlackStar wrote:

You are welcome.

BlackStar wrote:
Could anybody check this small essay?

Paragraph.
Happytofita

An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthday' #5 (permalink) Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:07 am   An Essay for the Speaking section. Please check for any mistakes. 'A Birthday'

Happytofita, could you check my paragraph?
BlackStar

Hi #6 (permalink) Wed Mar 25, 2009 20:36 pm   Hi

Thanks for essay
I also wondering about this topic in speaking.
But i think it general topic.
Please give me guidence about it
Krrish1192

TOEFLŪ essay: Hard work or luck?TOEFLŪ essay sample: City vs CountySpeaking and writing task are repeated in TOEFLŪ IBT examTOEFLŪ essay: People attend college or university for many different reasonsTOEFLŪ score 111TOEFLŪ essay sample: Compare three hostelTOEFLŪ essay: People should never judge a person through the external appearance.TOEFLŪ essay: The problems caused by work-related stress (such as of productivityTOEFLŪ essay: Agree or disagree that there are times lying is acceptable.TOEFLŪ essay: Parents or other adult relatives should make important decisions...Which tense to use: From past continous to present to future within one essay?TOEFLŪ essay: The most important characteristic of our closest friend.TOEFLŪ essay: Who influences the life more -- teacher or friend?