to show; to display; to demonstrate; to present
blunder
exhibit
ascertain
convey

Difference between to aim at and to target

Such and such a piece of information | Meaning of 'disentangle'
Difference between to aim at and to target #1 (permalink) Fri May 27, 2005 6:27 am   Difference between to aim at and to target

Test No. incompl/advan-36 "Super Supermarkets", question 2

The first question you have to ask is who are the customers that they are each trying to ..........

(a) target
(b) hit
(c) aim
(d) deliver

Test No. incompl/advan-36 "Super Supermarkets", answer 2

The first question you have to ask is who are the customers that they are each trying to target.

Correct answer: (a) target

The first question you have to ask is who are the customers that they are each trying to aim.
_________________________

Hi!
What is the difference between "to aim" and "to target"? Explain please.
Pavell

Aim/target #2 (permalink) Fri May 27, 2005 8:48 am   Aim/target

They both mean roughly the same. Aim is used with the preposition at as in: This film is aimed at younger people. Often the verb is used in its literal sense of trying to hit something as in : aim a gun at something. Target has the sense of trying to reach a particular group of people in a marketing situation, which is how I have used it in this sentence.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between have told and have been toldDifference between liberty and freedomDifference between impervious and impenetrableMeaning of abbreviatedDifference between abject and dejectDifference between shut and closeMeaning of 'skywards'Difference between imply and inferIf you choose to take that step in your careerMeaning of 'to step down'Difference between assess and assertMeaning of 'endorse'Difference between engender and generate