Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

managerial; executive
expensive
renowned
administrative
liberal
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'knock on' mean here? | What does "well-off" mean?
listening exercisestell a friend
Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 13:07 pm   Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #120 "Conversations and Comprehension (2)", question 5

Susan: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?
Angie: We're going to have a vegetarian meal but I'm not sure about the specific meal plan yet. What is Angie going to exclude from Thanksgiving dinner this year? ..........

(a) potatoes
(b) meat
(c) pumpkin pie

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #120 "Conversations and Comprehension (2)", answer 5

Angie: We're going to have a vegetarian meal but I'm not sure about the specific meal plan yet. What is Angie going to exclude from Thanksgiving dinner this year? meat.

Correct answer: (b) meat

Your answer was: incorrect
Angie: We're going to have a vegetarian meal but I'm not sure about the specific meal plan yet. What is Angie going to exclude from Thanksgiving dinner this year? potatoes.

i have not understood the sentence yet!please explain more 4 me!? thx
Dongocan
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 19:29 pm   Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Angie is going to prepare a vegetarian meal for Thanksgiving dinner this year. Therefore, she will not be preparing meat - which is a non-vegetarian food.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year? #3 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 14:30 pm   Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Dongocan wrote:
i have not understood the sentence yet!please explain more 4 me!? thx

Hi,

Please try to stick to proper spelling and punctuation. If you use 'SMS' or 'chat' language, you confuse the other learners even more. In addition, you enforce bad habits.

Thank you for your understanding.
Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: Food preparation
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year? #4 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 20:03 pm   Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Dear Alan,

What is the meaning of thanksgiving dinner?

Regards
Khan
Shafqat
I'm here quite often ;-)

Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year? #5 (permalink) Fri Jan 30, 2009 21:27 pm   Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

It's a dinner you have at Thanksgiving. A dinner is a meal and Thanksgiving is one of the most important holidays in the US and Canada.

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the Far East
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year? #6 (permalink) Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am   Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Thanks you very for your reply

Dear Torsten,

THANKSGIVING means when you say or show that you are grateful, especially to God

Thanksgiving (Day)
A public holiday and celebration, held on the fourth Thursday of November in the US and on the second Monday of October in Canada, to remember the thanks that the people who first came from Europe gave to God when they gathered crops for the first time in their new country.

Regards
khan
Shafqat
I'm here quite often ;-)

Hi everybody #7 (permalink) Wed Sep 09, 2009 17:11 pm   Hi everybody

The origin of the word Thanksgiving comes from the Bible. Go to the book of Deuteronomy and read ch16:13-16. Thanksgiving is a celebration day for everybody and it has deeper meaning than the dinner is.
Allaminna
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

thankgiving day #8 (permalink) Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:25 am   thankgiving day

Hi Torsten,
I couldn't come in the forum due to my busy schedule in the business. However, I am much happy that you remember me and sent the e-mail. I couldn’t receive any mail in your side for a long time.

It will be better if you send me all e-mail regarding forum.

Thanks and have a nice thankgiving day

Beautiful Day

Too often we underestimate the

Power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,

A listening ear, an honest compliment,

Or the smallest act of caring,

All of which have the potential

To turn a life around…...!

Regarding
Shafqat
Shafqat
I'm here quite often ;-)

What does 'knock on' mean here? | What does "well-off" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
an you imagine what our world would be likeCould you please explain what this sentence is about?Whats the meaning of until and so that?Present simple after 'when'?inside vs sideMeaning of budsIf you should need someone?What does in the hour mean?What does mortgage and pre-approved mean?What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?Expression: "the same size as"Possessive pronouns vs. possessive adjectivesWhen I can use 'may' and when 'can'?