slope; grade; slant
coin
consumption
gymnasium
incline

What does derived mean?

Use 'He just took the money and ran away' | empowerment vs advantage
What does derived mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 20, 2009 19:31 pm   What does derived mean?

ESL/EFL Test #574 "Corporate Culture (1)", question 7

The ......... in any given company is derived from a profit-and-loss statement and refers to a bottom figure that measures profits.

(a) bottom feeder
(b) bottom line
(c) bottom barrel
(d) bottom pole

ESL/EFL Test #574 "Corporate Culture (1)", answer 7

The bottom line in any given company is derived from a profit-and-loss statement and refers to a bottom figure that measures profits.

Correct answer: (b) bottom line
_________________________

What does derived mean ?

Dorrman
Dorrman

What does derived mean? #2 (permalink) Wed Jan 21, 2009 23:11 pm   What does derived mean?

Hi Dorrman,
"Derive means: to take, receive or obtain especially from a specified source b: to obtain a parent substance."
Please make sure that you have an online dictionary source bookmarked or saved so that you can access it easily whenever you need a definition.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
how to choose the right answer?Expression: 'Crack over'what is the meaning of scandal and parapet?Meaning of the word "prowling"proffer vs. offerWhat does implement mean?What does "motions" mean in this sentence?I have a virus my laptop. vs I have a virus in my laptop.What does 'he bottled it'?Is it compulsory to place "with" after meet?Usage of thought, mind, issue, saywhy is used the verb to shoot instead to take some photos?John rides vs John ride