person of higher rank; older person; elder
floor
relationship
cognition
senior

Difference between exhausting and exhaustive

Does it naturallyl sound in English- The theme of our lesson is ---- Thanks for | Begin to understand?
Difference between exhausting and exhaustive #1 (permalink) Mon May 30, 2005 9:42 am   Difference between exhausting and exhaustive

Test No. incompl/advan-89 "GMAT Verbal Quiz (12)", question 10

I've looked everywhere for my key and even carried out an ......... search of my car but I can't find that book.

(a) exhausted
(b) exhausting
(c) exhaust
(d) exhaustive

Test No. incompl/advan-89 "GMAT Verbal Quiz (12)", answer 10

I've looked everywhere for my key and even carried out an exhaustive search of my car but I can't find that book.

Correct answer: (d) exhaustive

I've looked everywhere for my key and even carried out an exhausting search of my car but I can't find that book.
_________________________

I always mix "exhaustive" and "exhausting". Can you give me a helping hand how to remember best when to use which?

Difference between exhausting and exhaustive #2 (permalink) Mon May 30, 2005 10:53 am   Difference between exhausting and exhaustive

Exhaustive means very thorough and exhausting means very tiring.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
The key or the book? #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 am   The key or the book?

Hi teachers,

Please, put me right if I'm mistaken, but it seems to me there is confuse in the sentence.
What the author had looked for, his key or the book?

Thank you a lot,
Vladimir.
_________________
My little horse must think it queer...
Vladimir13

Location: Moscow, Russia

Difference between exhausting and exhaustive #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:00 am   Difference between exhausting and exhaustive

The author has lost two items. He cannot find his key or the book.

I don't know why the test maker chose to do that.
_________________

Only the shortcut to it???Just curiousTo make the most of it?start or begin...you know the sort you can depend onWhat are quirks?what does furtive mean?Difference between weather and climateGood at vs. good onExpression: to be afraid ofWhat for? = why?It's about timeLooking forward to hearing from you