to convey a fluid; to transport a liquid; to make a high-pitched sound
rule
innovate
pipe
arrive

I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence)

using: (a littel bit or a bit)? | Phrase: He was born two months after his father's death.
I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence) #1 (permalink) Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:33 am   I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence)

Hi Torsten and everyone,

Many thanks for the lessons and for your continuous cooperation.
Could you please explain the following question?

I read this conversation in a book for TOEFL test:
- (woman) That lecture was absolutely fascinating!

- (Man) I couldn’t agree with you more!

- (Question) What does the man mean?

The answer choices:
(a) He prefers not to argue about it.
(b) He disagrees with the woman.
(c) He shares the woman’s opinion.
(d) He wasn’t able to hear the lecture.

The right answer is choice (c).
My question is how choice (c) is correct and not choice (b)? Because the sentence “I couldn’t agree with you more!” is negative as I understood.

Please help me solving this confusion with many thanks.

M.
Learnermoh

I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence) #2 (permalink) Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 pm   I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence)

When you say: 'I couldn't agree with you more', you reaaly mean: 'I agree with you completely and it wouldn't be possible for me to agree with you any more.' The negative is usd here to emphasise the agreement.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence) #3 (permalink) Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:58 am   I couldn’t agree with you more! (What's the meaning of this sentence)

Hi, Mr Alan,

Thank you very much for your reply, do you mean that there are two negatives in the that sentence so it becomes positive? but if I say "I couldn't agree with you" without the word "more" is the meaning still the same "I agree with".
And are there any differences between these sentences "I couldn't agree with you" and "I didn't agree with you", would you kindly give me more explanation about these questions?

Thanks alot for time and cooperation
Best regards
Moh.
Learnermoh

Comparative questions: Yes but the color is prettier the design.Present conditional and time marksAsking for a daily lesson plan "About teaching simple present tense"Question Tag: I had to write and talk simple things to my job and that...Sentence: "The books which were there previously"how vs what in an exclamationHow to express ±5 % in English?Past perfect and time marksVerb tenses: You look as if you hadn't slept last night at all.Usage of 'received with thanks'conflicts with the law vs. run-ins with the lawCorrection exercise: Aromatherapy uses many of essential oils from plants.make vs. make it