trees that have been sawed into rough planks; useless items that been put in storage
extent
lumber
few
ambition

What does the "push the envelope" mean?

Phrase: Can you buy my some Vanilla ice cream? | Meaning of pork
What does the "push the envelope" mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 am   What does the "push the envelope" mean?

English Idioms and Expressions, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Clothing Idioms (2)", question 6

However, when I asked him about his situation he told me not to worry because he has a card up his sleeve.

(a) he has a poker game tonight
(b) he has future gambling plans
(c) he has reserve plans that he stored and are available for future use

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Clothing Idioms (2)", answer 6

However, when I asked him about his situation he told me not to worry because he has reserve plans that he stored and are available for future use.

Correct answer: (c) he has reserve plans that he stored and are available for future use
_________________________

What does the ( push the envelope) mean?

Husni
Husni

What does the "push the envelope" mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Jan 27, 2009 20:13 pm   What does the "push the envelope" mean?

To push the envelope means: To try and go/push beyond current limits/boundaries. It's an attempt to go past or to go further than accepted limits or boundaries."
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of "A premature overabundance"What's the difference between tone and voice?I'm always up in the clouds. Where is my mind?!"market research" to Georgianwhat does the word toddler mean?What 'violent' in Vietnames mean?what does acommodation mean?freeze vs frostExpression: He is really gutsyThe crossover point is that production quantity where...the letter of the law?Origin of the idiom 'no cigar'?Why not say: 'I have bought tickets for Friday.'?