characterized; by or occupying a particular place
local
commercial
found
brief

Facebook group for LELTA

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

ESL Forums | LELTA -- Leipzig English Language Trainers Association
Latest LELTA newsletter | Ideas for new LELTA workshop
Facebook group for LELTA #1 (permalink) Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:10 am   Facebook group for LELTA

hi fellow elters

We have a facebook group for LELTA, and will get our own website soon.

In the meantime drop by register and chat about glocal ELT issues ; )
_________________
Please meet Stewart Tunncilff
Stew.t.

Location: Leipzig, Germany

Facebook group for LELTA #2 (permalink) Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:06 am   Facebook group for LELTA

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know Stew's quarterly LELTA newsletter is available here too: LELTA News

TOEIC listening, photographs: The Eiffel tower

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Facebook group for LELTA #3 (permalink) Sat Mar 20, 2010 14:27 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

Hi Torsten,

would be great if you could get a move on with the website, and respond to the minutes of the last LELTA and affiliates meeting on google wave.
_________________
Please meet Stewart Tunncilff
Stew.t.

Location: Leipzig, Germany

Facebook group for LELTA #4 (permalink) Sat Mar 20, 2010 16:27 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

Hi Stew,

Thanks a lot for all your information. Regarding the website, of course we could start by implementing a CMS but I suggest we first brainstorm ideas as the content. We can do that with existing systems such as email, Facebook, the forum, a real white board, etc. What we really need is a constant exchange of thoughts and contributions. For starters, we should clearly define what exactly LELTA is all about. I suggest everyone interested answers the following questions:

1) What is the target group/what are the target groups of LELTA? (free lance English language trainers, primarily native speakers, translators, tutors, voice over specialists and other English language professionals).

We should collect some information on the demographics of our target groups to raise more public interest. The German society is well aware of the fact that English has become an important means to do business, negotiate international contracts and communicate ideas. What the German public is might not know, however, is that there are a significant number of English native speakers working and living in our country and that on top of just learning their language from and with them we should tap into their experiences, their way of thinking, their suggestions on how to solve problems, create new jobs and stay abreast of the latest developments in technology, science and business.

LELTA should be the sounding board for anyone who is interested in an active exchange of experiences on how to do business, learn languages and leverage networks. LELTA can become an organization that shows how diverse the central German society actually is.

2) What exactly are the benefits and advantages of joining or supporting LELTA?
Let's face facts: Any free lance English trainer is primarily interested in improving their current situation. LELTA should address some of the problems native speakers are dealing with in Germany on a daily basis. One of the main benefits of joining of LELTA should be constant teacher/trainer training and coaching, active exchange of classroom techniques, methods, materials and technologies. We need to clearly communicate how a potential LELTA member can benefit from joining the organization. Otherwise it will be very difficult for us to get support.

3) How can I join LELTA?
At this point anyone interested in promoting the idea of learning and teaching English can join us by subscribing to our email newsletter. It is vital that we build a personalized email list with prospective LELTA members. Even or especially in the era of Facebook, MySpace, Xing and StudiVZ by far the most effective medium is email. I'll created a personalized list with LELTA prospects so we can email them the latest new on a regular basis. I can also include the English trainers I have in my own list -- about 150 so far. 'Personalized' means we can insert the recipients name in the email's subject line as well as throughout the text body.

4) How often do the LELTA workshops take place and where?
We should fix the dates for the workshops well in advance and we need a permanent venue. If you like, I can ask the BZ (the place we were last time at) if they can provide us with such a solution. Through the personalized email list we can announce the possible topics and dates for the workshops and coordinate the organization.

In general, we need to take little steps on a constant basis. So, before can launch the website and implement a CMS we need to agree and decide on the following:
- a site map (a rough outline of the site with a hierarchical page structure)
- the contents (based on the sitemap we can fill each page with contents most of which should be text)
- a permanent venue for our workshops
- how many workshops we want to have every year and when

It would be great if everyone involved could propose their answers to my questions along with any additional questions and suggestions.

Many thanks,

TOEFL listening discussions: How long has the young man been drinking alcohol?

Is it possible for English-test.net members to join the LELTA group? #5 (permalink) Sat Jun 19, 2010 16:43 pm   Is it possible for English-test.net members to join the LELTA group?

Dear Torsten and Stew,

Is it possible for English-test.net members to join the LELTA group? Or it is required for them to have a new registration.

The other issue is that I have an account in the face book website, so, how can I join the LELTA group from that website?

Best wishes

Hadeer
Hadeer

Location: Iraq

Facebook group for LELTA #6 (permalink) Tue Jun 22, 2010 14:02 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

How often do the LELTA workshops take place and where?
Tommy00106

Facebook group for LELTA #7 (permalink) Tue Jun 22, 2010 21:45 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

OK. Thanks. Please inform me with all new events.

Hadeer
Hadeer

Location: Iraq

Facebook group for LELTA #8 (permalink) Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:09 am   Facebook group for LELTA

I also wanted to join this new LELTA workshop but i dont know how.I have an account in Face book.
Suchita

Facebook group for LELTA #9 (permalink) Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:49 am   Facebook group for LELTA

Stew.t. wrote:
Hi Torsten,

hi
am mamoun
am new here
how can join to your group
my site at facebook
M_masarwah@yahoo.com
Mamoun1

Facebook group for LELTA #10 (permalink) Mon Jul 26, 2010 19:55 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

Hi guys,

interest has dropped a little from the organizers. I still will attempt to do the occasional workshop, until I can find a reliable team.

As for joining the LELTA group , it only really suits people based in the locale of Saxony.
You as a english-test member still need ti register in facebook, just do a group search.
_________________
Please meet Stewart Tunncilff
Stew.t.

Location: Leipzig, Germany

Facebook group for LELTA #11 (permalink) Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:47 am   Facebook group for LELTA

It is an excellent idea.
Aruppal

Facebook group for LELTA #12 (permalink) Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:18 am   Facebook group for LELTA

go ahead and good luck
Anassar

Facebook group for LELTA #13 (permalink) Sun Aug 29, 2010 14:28 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

I have a lot of material (to teach and evaluate: grammar, writing, reading, pronunciation...); when necessary write to me and I will be pleased to send it to you all. For instance, I will to share a small program (TALK IT, and other ones) to practice and/ or teach English pronunciation (writing, listening, reading, grammar in general). I think this kind of program (didactical material) is very useful in this hard but nice profession.
When you all need information too much difficult to get, just write to me and be sure I will have it (or get it) for you. If I need some information from you… be sure I will ask you to help me, too. See you, friends.
Cordially,
CCHIMPERZ
Cchimperz

hai miss this is ram from india. #14 (permalink) Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 am   hai miss this is ram from india.

i want to make friendship with i dont have an account in facebook but i have an account in google accounts.
My mail address is sweetbujji.adi@gmail.com
Bujji

Facebook group for LELTA #15 (permalink) Fri Jan 14, 2011 20:39 pm   Facebook group for LELTA

I do not understand,could we join this group in Facebook?
ARt.

ESL Forums | LELTA -- Leipzig English Language Trainers Association All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
next Pecha Kucha LELTA workshop.Facebook group for LELTA, page 3Facebook group for LELTA, page 2Teaching ideas swap shop workshop + LELTA LeipzigEnglish idiom: Test the waterTwice as expensive as vs. Twice more expensive asHello lovely members! My name's DianaLearning English: Tips for beginnersGerund or infinitive?How to learn the English language?What good are the Cambridge ESOL Examinations?Two more books vs. Two books moreIn hoping vs. In the hope