Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to change; to modify
picture
cost
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Using 's in the sentence without possession | What's the difference between 'source code for' and 'source code of'?
listening exercisestell a friend
what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one' #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 05, 2009 14:41 pm   what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one'

Hello everyone,

Could you please tell me if I can use 'every one' instead of 'every one' and say: hello every one? What's the difference between them? When should I use 'every one' and 'everyone'? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Infin1ty

what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one' #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:02 am   what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one'

Use 'everyone' for people when you are talking about all of them ('Hello, everyone!'). Use 'every one' when you are talking about the collection of each individual person or thing (I bought a package of potato chips and every one was broken').

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one' #3 (permalink) Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:57 am   what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one'

Thank you Mister Micawber. I wonder if the usage of 'some time' and 'sometime'/'some times' and 'sometimes' or 'every time' and 'everytime' are similar to the usage of
'every one' and 'everyone'?

what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one' #4 (permalink) Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 am   what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one'

some time = an unspecified but often considerable length of time: It took me some time to get used to these new shoes.
sometime = any unspecified point in time: Let's have coffee together sometime.
some times = more than one time: Some times in history are more interesting than other times.
sometimes = occasionally: I get lonely sometimes and go to a bar.
every time = all the times, each time: Every time I go to the bar, I drink too much.
(X) everytime = not an English word.

what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one' #5 (permalink) Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 am   what's the difference between 'everyone' and 'every one'

Thanks again for your detailed expanation, Mister Micawber.

Using 's in the sentence without possession | What's the difference between 'source code for' and 'source code of'?
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
what is the meaning of "simply"?Usage of a success, the success?Grammar: "What would like+to+verb" and "like to+verb"Difference between 'Do you think he took offense' and 'he took it personally'What does "go the extra smile" mean?Sentence: Faith was colicky; she kept me up all night and nursed with such...An idiom "claw one's way out"Usage/Meaning: Somehow.The words in a novel "Keeping Faith"Usage of 'how come' (I don't know how come this will happened.)does + verb (Does your mother know about this?)ago and before (We migrated to Canada about 22 years ago.)Present continuous and the verbs that are follow by -ing