to prove; to verify; to confirm; to actualize
import
border
scrutinize
substantiate

Difference between client, customer, guest, consumer

Expression "spoiling for a fight" | wouldn't vs will not
Difference between client, customer, guest, consumer #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 12, 2009 14:07 pm   Difference between client, customer, guest, consumer

hello everybody,
could you explain about the difference of four words, please?
they are : client, customer, guest,consumer.
all of them mean buy a good or services, could you tell me how to find out the difference?
thank you very much.
Phan Thi Thu Minh

Difference between client, customer, guest, consumer #2 (permalink) Thu Feb 12, 2009 16:41 pm   Difference between client, customer, guest, consumer

A client, customer, and patron can be used interchangeably in almost any place that sells services.
A customer or a shopper is more often used in the places that sell goods (stores). I have never heard the store customers being called clients.
A guest is more often used in hotels, spas, and restaurants. (hospitality services)
A consumer is one that acquires goods or services for direct use or ownership rather than for resale or use in production and manufacturing. A consumer is an end user.
A customer, IMHO, is the most general term.
_________________
conĚtext - The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
Milanya

Location: Texas, USA (at present)

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
what's the meaning of 'lost...to'?Red herring vs. to beat around the bushWhy do you always wirte "e.g." if we write "for example"?what's the meaning of the word "EBIT"?meaning of "motion sickness"Showers vs RainingSentence: we have expected to receive it by the end of today.Can 'from now on' be understood as 'from this day forth'?can vs. be able toUse of is and has: More than 20 days have passed since I applied for PAN, but...Sentence: "While executing the "New York Hotel" test case "TeSentence: None of the companies has launched their services.include (solar, parking, tol) - what do they mean?