to leave out; to keep out; to prevent from happening or being; to reject
privatize
retire
engage
exclude

A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main

Usage of thereby: conquer Egypt and send armies to Asia minor, thereby gaining... | "do you have" or "have you"?
A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main #1 (permalink) Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:01 am   A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main

All of you i hope your attention, please help me the way to show direction

there are so many ways to say directions example : go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main street, go down the street, go under the street, but i really confuse how to use it in sentence and i don't know what the words means, go down we use that because the road down or what.....
Kiki

A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the #2 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:39 pm   A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the

Saying "go down the street" or "go up the street" really makes no difference (unless they are numbered streets, like First Avenue; Second Avenue; Third Avenue, etc. It's "go straight ahead" (one word).

Names of streets are never preceded by the word 'the.' "Turn right on Main Street."

You can also say "Go up this street until you get to a supermarket; then turn right." (This is in a situation when you don't know the name of the street but you know there is a supermarket on the corner.)

Other useful phrases: "on the corner of" - "next to" - "across from" or "opposite" or "on the other side of the street" "The bank is across from the pharmacy." or "The bank is opposite the pharmacy." or "The bank is on the other side of the street from the pharmacy."

Hope this helps! :D
Chaya

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main #3 (permalink) Tue Feb 24, 2009 14:12 pm   A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main

benefit information chaya
and thank you kiki
about writing this topic
Pink Skull

thank you #4 (permalink) Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:40 am   thank you

Thank you very much you are very kind, now i know that go along, go down and go up are the same, there is no different. Those are only expression to say that you should go follow this road and there are some variations to say that, right.

Thank you very much
Kiki

A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main #5 (permalink) Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:39 am   A way to show direction: go straight a head, go along this street, go up the main

You are most welcome!!

(Just one small correction: It should be "there is no difference")

Enjoy learning English!! It's a crazy - but fun - language!!
Chaya

Construction: to be in placereported statementsfigure of speechUsage of 'do you/did you'Usage of 'ahead'Can you see the cat? vs Am I able to see the cat? vs Is it seen there or not?What's the meaning of 'trading basket down the stretch with...'?Use Past Simple in the sentence 'Yesterday we watched TV for hours'Text: A burglar who chose a karate athlete's house to steal from...The premises was searched. vs The premises were searched.Is 'should' redundant?Sentence: While I arranging books in order, I ran across some of old books..."more" pure" and "purer"