to fix in place; to link firmly together; to be held in place
accomplish
lock
scale
introduce

What the opposite of scary...

ESL Forum | English for Beginners
Answers to listening (daily job activities) | Simple present tense: She is a good girl.
What the opposite of scary... #1 (permalink) Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 am   What the opposite of scary...

Whatis the opposite of scary... someone says ...surprise ..is this correct ???
and tell me exact meaning of "populous" i tried dictionaries but i cont understand
Karthikeyan

Location: Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

What the opposite of scary... #2 (permalink) Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:52 am   What the opposite of scary...

hi. I believe, that the opposite of scary should be brave, fearless.
About the second question, populous means highly populated area, place where the people are highly settled.
Regards, Evgeni
Jasonsmith

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Oppositeof scary. #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:03 am   Oppositeof scary.

I think the opposite of scary is funny.

Fearless
is more apt when shown as the opposite of scared

The Ghost Train is scary.
The Hall of Mirrors is funny.
_________________

What the opposite of scary... #4 (permalink) Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:48 am   What the opposite of scary...

My vote for the opposite of, "scary", would be, "calming".

-- David Beroff
FREE English Videos, Private Lessons, and more at http://EnglishWithDavid.com !!
English With David

Location: Bethlehem, PA, USA

ESL Forum | English for Beginners All times are GMT + 1 Hour
How we can introduce ourselves?Inform me about the structure of each lessonSimple present tense: I study Engilsh very well...Exercises for understanding preposition more easily as I know my shortcomings...Question about abbreviations in audio course from Sue Darville.Self introduction: I am Rahul from Bangalore. I'm working as desktop support...Sentence: I am granted an opportunity for a personal interface at your convenientDo you know when to say "a(ey)" and "a(aah)"?I am a beginner and I want to speak English fluently...What time is it? (7.08 - "it is eight past sevent")First time: I'm Abide from Syria. I'm about to graduate this term...Free Online English LessonsSome sentences: She do not like that drink; He did not came to my home...