Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

procedure; plan of action; way; manner in which one conducts business; technique
territory
score
emergency
method
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What does 'have gone' mean? | I just can't get across to her vs. get through to her
listening exercisestell a friend
What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside? #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 16, 2005 19:06 pm   What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

Test No. incompl/inter-19 "A Collision - Finish this Story", question 3

The best thing I suppose is to ask him ..........

(a) to disappear
(b) to vanish
(c) to move
(d) to depart

Test No. incompl/inter-19 "A Collision - Finish this Story", answer 3

The best thing I suppose is to ask him to move.

Correct answer: (c) to move

Your answer was: incorrect
The best thing I suppose is to ask him to disappear.

Why do we have to use move but not disappear?
intel

Step aside #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:32 am   Step aside

In the previous sentence we learned that a person is standing in front of the speaker blocking his view. That's why the speaker simply wants that person to step aside.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Relaxing
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside? #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:15 pm   What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

hi,sir.
why we not use disappear?
Kimdung9210
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside? #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 18:34 pm   What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

Did you see Torsten's answer above?
Language Coach

What does 'have gone' mean? | I just can't get across to her vs. get through to her
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
not as pronounced as it is currentlyThere's no hope for me?try on vs. try outHow to use prepositions of time?"I'm sure we'll make it" vs "I'm sure we'll take it"What does "well back" mean?Use 'just': for exemple: Just him and me?provision vs. providerI would like to know if we leave 'what' any longer?Meaning of phrasal verb "to wrap up"Many vs. some/ much vs. many/ few vs. a littleShe was wandering down the hallConduct vs. guide