procedure; plan of action; way; manner in which one conducts business; technique
territory
score
emergency
method

What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

What does 'have gone' mean? | I just can't get across to her vs. get through to her
What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside? #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 16, 2005 19:06 pm   What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

Test No. incompl/inter-19 "A Collision - Finish this Story", question 3

The best thing I suppose is to ask him ..........

(a) to disappear
(b) to vanish
(c) to move
(d) to depart

Test No. incompl/inter-19 "A Collision - Finish this Story", answer 3

The best thing I suppose is to ask him to move.

Correct answer: (c) to move

The best thing I suppose is to ask him to disappear.
_________________________

Why do we have to use move but not disappear?
intel

Step aside #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:32 am   Step aside

In the previous sentence we learned that a person is standing in front of the speaker blocking his view. That's why the speaker simply wants that person to step aside.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Relaxing

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside? #3 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:15 pm   What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

hi,sir.
why we not use disappear?
Kimdung9210

What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside? #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 18:34 pm   What is the difference between 'move' and 'disappear? And which means step aside?

Did you see Torsten's answer above?
_________________

not as pronounced as it is currentlyThere's no hope for me?try on vs. try outHow to use prepositions of time?"I'm sure we'll make it" vs "I'm sure we'll take it"What does "well back" mean?Use 'just': for exemple: Just him and me?provision vs. providerI would like to know if we leave 'what' any longer?Meaning of phrasal verb "to wrap up"Many vs. some/ much vs. many/ few vs. a littleShe was wandering down the hallConduct vs. guide