to exchange one thing for another; to trade; to barter
transcend
broadcast
tow
swap

Typo: The word should be "character."

Why do you need to doing that? vs Why do you need to do that? | What is a casino?
Typo: The word should be "character." #1 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:39 am   Typo: The word should be "character."

"Joe is so funny and always does the silliest things in the office," Amanda said to Megan. "He is a ........., isn't he?" She replied.

(a) mime
(b) player
(c) comic relief
(d) chracter

"Joe is so funny and always does the silliest things in the office," Amanda said to Megan. "He is a chracter, isn't he?" She replied.

Correct answer: (d) chracter

_________________________

I can't get the noun " chracter" from my dictionary. Is it possibly a spelling mistake ?
Zishuli

Location: BeiJing

Typo: The word should be "character." #2 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:03 am   Typo: The word should be "character."

Yes, there is a typo in this question. The word should be "character."
The meaning is: "a person - especially with reference to behavior or personality."
Informal: class clown; a funny, odd, boisterous or unusual person.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Typo: The word should be "character." #3 (permalink) Sat Feb 28, 2009 21:04 pm   Typo: The word should be "character."

Zishuli wrote:

You are a chracter, aren't you? I mean you are not a 'chracter' -- for this word doesn't exist ;) Kidding. I was late at replying :)
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

what is the antonym of the word petition?What is the difference between overlook and overtake?What does 'beg me' mean?Where I can use "full, open, whole, complete... heartedly"?what is jester?Sweep vs. swipe?What is a typical, carry-on baggage size?Am I correct or not?Meaning of tissuesDifference between "severe" and "strict"expose vs experienceWhat does "sewing thread" mean?Meaning of phrasal verb 'put down'