Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

tool; implement; device; appliance; agent; means
fee
instrument
liberal
debris
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

The meaning of "Prospect"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
have or havn't: Haven't you been to New York? - No, I haven't / No, I have | Tucked in or what?
listening exercisestell a friend
The meaning of "Prospect" #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 pm   The meaning of "Prospect"

Hello,

Coud you explain to me the meaning of these words ?

Prospect's perspective ( From the prospect's perspective)
My prospect's company (If i were an executive in my prospect's company)

Why they have( 's)

Thank you very much
Hommeaffaire

The meaning of "Prospect" #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 08, 2009 14:55 pm   The meaning of "Prospect"

The meaning of the word prospect can be looked up in a dictionary http://www.onelook.com/?w=prospect&ls=a .
The meaning of a word in a certain context can be figured out from a context, which you have not given.

Quote:
Why they have( 's) ?

ž 49. possessive constructions
We all know that in English you form the possessive by adding an apostrophe and an s, or sometimes just an apostrophe, at the end of a noun. Pronouns have their own possessive forms (my, your, his, her, its, our, their). Of course, another way to indicate possession is to use a prepositional phrase using of: the property of the town.
http://www.bartleby.com/64/C001/049.html

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
have or havn't: Haven't you been to New York? - No, I haven't / No, I have | Tucked in or what?
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Question: Pumas never attack a human being except ... conered.is gone / has gone (She has gone. vs She is gone.)Curiosity about "At least"Have to and Will have to (I have work to do. I have to do it tomorrow.)I don't feel like vs I 'm not in a moodEmail message: Since last three months my Internet is not working and I have manyLetter: Dear Sir, I would like to inform you that I purchased Maruti Swift VDI...Is it a slip - "wasn't particular interested"?labour vs laborSentence: I'm sure you will have your pleasure...Can I say 'problems with downloading"?Help: I've only been 'informatic active' on professional grounds, for laboral...Prepositions: across or over? He goes across the bridge. vs over the bridge.