exacting; choosy; ornate; nagging; annoying
principal
stipendiary
fussy
consecutive

meaning of "grounded'

Having Begun | Part or percentage of a group - singular or plural?
meaning of "grounded' #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 18:04 pm   meaning of "grounded'

He was very angry with his mother because she 'grounded' him yesterday.
What is the meaning of "grounded' please?
Ganesh

meaning of "grounded' #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 18:18 pm   meaning of "grounded'

ground - To restrict (someone) especially to a certain place (home) as a punishment.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ground

His mother punished him for something and would not let him leave home except to go to school. No movies, no parties, no dates, etc.
_________________
conĚtext - The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
Milanya

Location: Texas, USA (at present)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of 'nuts'usage of being in the beginning of a sentenceUsage of in and at: I'm in the university. vs I'm at the university.past contineuos or past perfect cont.There is vs. There arePin a rose on your noseBank letter: Wrongly debited bank charges of Rs.90/- in my A/cUsage of 'would'What does 'learn the hard way' mean?What is "blue book"?Usage of 'push sth forward'Meaning of 'Solemn promise'Would rather X Prefer... difference?