Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

exacting; choosy; ornate; nagging; annoying
principal
stipendiary
fussy
consecutive
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of "grounded'

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Having Begun | Part or percentage of a group - singular or plural?
listening exercisestell a friend
meaning of "grounded' #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 18:04 pm   meaning of "grounded'

He was very angry with his mother because she 'grounded' him yesterday.
What is the meaning of "grounded' please?
Ganesh
I'm here quite often ;-)

meaning of "grounded' #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 10, 2009 18:18 pm   meaning of "grounded'

ground - To restrict (someone) especially to a certain place (home) as a punishment.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ground

His mother punished him for something and would not let him leave home except to go to school. No movies, no parties, no dates, etc.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Having Begun | Part or percentage of a group - singular or plural?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What is the meaning of 'nuts'usage of being in the beginning of a sentenceUsage of in and at: I'm in the university. vs I'm at the university.past contineuos or past perfect cont.There is vs. There arePin a rose on your noseBank letter: Wrongly debited bank charges of Rs.90/- in my A/cUsage of 'would'What does 'learn the hard way' mean?What is "blue book"?Usage of 'push sth forward'Meaning of 'Solemn promise'Would rather X Prefer... difference?