gentle; good-hearted; understanding; compassionate
coherent
proof
kind
relevant

Meaning of 'beg your indulgence'

What is the difference between "initiative" and "initial"? | Bacon and ...?
Meaning of 'beg your indulgence' #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 27, 2005 13:20 pm   Meaning of 'beg your indulgence'

Test No. incompl/inter-64 "How to apologize", question 9

All I can do now is simply beg your ......... and hope that in time we can get back to where we used to be.

(a) interest
(b) interpretation
(c) inclination
(d) indulgence

Test No. incompl/inter-64 "How to apologize", answer 9

All I can do now is simply beg your indulgence and hope that in time we can get back to where we used to be.

Correct answer: (d) indulgence
_________________________

We need answers of the above questions .p lease give us the correct answers

Dasew
Dasew

Meaning of 'beg your indulgence' #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 27, 2005 14:19 pm   Meaning of 'beg your indulgence'

Hi there.

i dont think any of those answers are correct. The expression is 'to beg for forgiveness'.
gillybean

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'beg your indulgence' #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 27, 2005 16:15 pm   Meaning of 'beg your indulgence'

Yes, there is an expression beg for forgiveness. Beg someone's indulgence is ask someone to be lenient to you/in a way to let you have your way. I am always intrigued when I get comments like yours telling me that something is incorrect in one of my tests. I always reply and explain what I intended and then there is silence! Are you going to do the same?
_________________

Uhmmmm #4 (permalink) Mon Jun 27, 2005 21:20 pm   Uhmmmm

Seemingly yes
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Meaning of 'beg your indulgence' #5 (permalink) Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am   Meaning of 'beg your indulgence'

hi
To ask for someone's indulgence is to ask the person to compromise with you.
Fynn

Meaning of 'beg your indulgence' #6 (permalink) Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 pm   Meaning of 'beg your indulgence'

Just to bear with you, and let get on with the job in hand.
_________________

What does "just short of amazing" mean?What does "ties" mean?Stop using ( i ) when referring to yourself.'making money' vs 'doing money''look after'/'look out for' have a close meaning. Why the former cannot be used?Usage of considerIs the sentence Books are food for the brain a idiom?producing delightful aftertaste?How can I realize if the question is right?Use the term 'going chalk' to describe a person who picks all of...Meaning of "To strong arm"What does "thumbs" mean?Is North Dakota a compound word?