decayed; decomposed; putrid; spoiled; despicable
few
rotten
contemporary
dotted

'I expect you to recall' vs 'I expect you recall'

Difference between attain and reach | Difference between 'speed mail' and 'express mail'
'I expect you to recall' vs 'I expect you recall' #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:41 am   'I expect you to recall' vs 'I expect you recall'

Test No. incompl/elem-18 "Making an Appointment", question 3

Yes, that's right. It was all about the job I do every day. I expect you recall that I work for a financial company ......... a financial advisor.

(a) at
(b) as
(c) on
(d) of

Test No. incompl/elem-18 "Making an Appointment", answer 3

Yes, that's right. It was all about the job I do every day. I expect you recall that I work for a financial company as a financial advisor.

Correct answer: (b) as
_________________________

Hi, I have a question regarding this phrase. The second setence contains double noun and verbs. Shouldn't it be" I expect you to recall" instead of " I expect you recall"?

It just doesn't sound right - thanks for the explanation.
Dennis

'I expect you to recall' vs 'I expect you recall' #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:26 am   'I expect you to recall' vs 'I expect you recall'

An interesting question - in fact the two constructions have different meanings. I expect you recall means I imagine/suppose you recall. I expect you to recall means I think that you should recall - in other words that in my opinion would be the right thing to do.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Yes! #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 28, 2005 21:23 pm   Yes!

Always with the right approach........
Rich7

Location: Caracas, Venezuela

Meaning of 'budget'Get used to having colleagues in the same officeDifference between opinion and adviceMeaning of 'unengaged'Difference between devote and spendMeaning of 'accept'Meaning of 'lost your marbles'Meaning of 'put her money where her mouth is'Difference between when and whoMeaning of 'cut the cost'Your guarantee expired last weekImpressed with youDifference between late and later