pouch used to carry objects; sac; underground deposit of oil
impression
tender
pocket
barometer

difference between incident and event?

Why do we use marine mammals? | What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.
difference between incident and event? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 14:24 pm   difference between incident and event?

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #4 "When you go to France...", question 6

Can you remember any particular incident when your knowing of the language was a real help?

(a) remember
(b) incident
(c) knowing
(d) a real help

ESL/EFL Test #4 "When you go to France...", answer 6

Can you remember any particular incident when your knowledge of the language was a real help?

Correct entry: knowledge
The error was: (c) knowing
_________________________

What is the difference between incident and event?
Dthong

difference between incident and event? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 16:47 pm   difference between incident and event?

An event is organised .... an air display, a football match ( a regular event,) a boxing match. Etc.

An incident is something that happens in any given moment, like a fight, or an accident.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
difference between incident and event? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 21:49 pm   difference between incident and event?

Are an occurrence, a case or en episode suitable here?
Colonelcy

Location: Ukraine

pipe inShould not it be, Would you like "something" to drink?Sentence: Nantucket, which is a little island 20 miles off Cape Cod, MassachusettWhat is the use of phrasal verbs?How can you possibly sprint up slowly?Three rates here: money factor, annual interest rate, and local new-car loan...What "tying up" mean? tie up?'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'