Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

pouch used to carry objects; sac; underground deposit of oil
impression
tender
pocket
barometer
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

difference between incident and event?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Why do we use marine mammals? | What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.
listening exercisestell a friend
difference between incident and event? #1 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 14:24 pm   difference between incident and event?

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #4 "When you go to France...", question 6

Can you remember any particular incident when your knowing of the language was a real help?

(a) remember
(b) incident
(c) knowing
(d) a real help

English Grammar Error, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #4 "When you go to France...", answer 6

Can you remember any particular incident when your knowledge of the language was a real help?

Correct entry: knowledge
The error was: (c) knowing

What is the difference between incident and event?
Dthong
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

difference between incident and event? #2 (permalink) Thu Mar 19, 2009 16:47 pm   difference between incident and event?

An event is organised .... an air display, a football match ( a regular event,) a boxing match. Etc.

An incident is something that happens in any given moment, like a fight, or an accident.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
difference between incident and event? #3 (permalink) Thu Mar 25, 2010 21:49 pm   difference between incident and event?

Are an occurrence, a case or en episode suitable here?
Colonelcy
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why do we use marine mammals? | What is destination charge? Meaning the delivery fee.
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
pipe inShould not it be, Would you like "something" to drink?Sentence: Nantucket, which is a little island 20 miles off Cape Cod, MassachusettWhat is the use of phrasal verbs?How can you possibly sprint up slowly?Three rates here: money factor, annual interest rate, and local new-car loan...What "tying up" mean? tie up?'Christina is studying for her chemistry' vs 'She studies for her chemistry'Is the structure of the sentence "from--to--to"?Does the "the select few concepts" refer to the 'viable ideas'?What does the "work above and beyond the call of duty" mean?What is a fine?Meaning of 'Many suppliers are reserving judgment until the strategy...'