Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

main; principal; major
evasive
sound
elemental
central
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"in respect to" vs "in respect of"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
not only but also versus and | Could you check out an eassy'economic development' for me?
listening exercisestell a friend
"in respect to" vs "in respect of" #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 am   "in respect to" vs "in respect of"

I┤ve seen all three of the following:

in respect to, in respect of, with respect to

Can I use any of these or is there a difference?

Thanks
Loretta

"in respect to" vs "in respect of" #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 21, 2009 14:08 pm   "in respect to" vs "in respect of"

It looks like they all mean about the same.

with respect to - referring to; concerning: with respect to your latest request. (is the most common by far)
in respect of - in reference to; in regard to; concerning.
In respect to - in relation to; with regard to; as respects.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
"in respect to" vs "in respect of" #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 24, 2009 20:45 pm   "in respect to" vs "in respect of"

thanks Milanya
Hosstok

not only but also versus and | Could you check out an eassy'economic development' for me?
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
how much or how often or how largLetter: Dear Sir, This note is to request your approval on following requirementsTense confusion: I went / I have been to the market yesterdaySentence: I shouldn't cease to ask / asking questions.Meaning of "mouthed off"Meaning of "nail down"Make the question from: He is the 44th president.Sentence: "What kind of educational background..."Usage of 'sniff around'when you know me. the first textWhich one is correct? We will meet you at 10:00am on next Tuesday, 1 March 2008.alternative to "two blocks"diference between comprehend and apprehend