main; principal; major
evasive
sound
elemental
central

"in respect to" vs "in respect of"

not only but also versus and | Could you check out an eassy'economic development' for me?
"in respect to" vs "in respect of" #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:32 am   "in respect to" vs "in respect of"

I┤ve seen all three of the following:

in respect to, in respect of, with respect to

Can I use any of these or is there a difference?

Loretta

"in respect to" vs "in respect of" #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 21, 2009 14:08 pm   "in respect to" vs "in respect of"

It looks like they all mean about the same.

with respect to - referring to; concerning: with respect to your latest request. (is the most common by far)
in respect of - in reference to; in regard to; concerning.
In respect to - in relation to; with regard to; as respects.
_________________
conĚtext - The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
Milanya

Location: Texas, USA (at present)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
"in respect to" vs "in respect of" #3 (permalink) Tue Mar 24, 2009 20:45 pm   "in respect to" vs "in respect of"

thanks Milanya
Hosstok

how much or how often or how largLetter: Dear Sir, This note is to request your approval on following requirementsTense confusion: I went / I have been to the market yesterdaySentence: I shouldn't cease to ask / asking questions.Meaning of "mouthed off"Meaning of "nail down"Make the question from: He is the 44th president.Sentence: "What kind of educational background..."Usage of 'sniff around'when you know me. the first textWhich one is correct? We will meet you at 10:00am on next Tuesday, 1 March 2008.alternative to "two blocks"diference between comprehend and apprehend