benefit; profit; utility; avail
accord
rear
advantage
election

'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct

Difference between "delivery person" and "mail carrier" | what is tradesmen?
'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct #1 (permalink) Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:26 pm   'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct

"I didn't think he was capable of meeting the unrealistic sales goal he set for himself. He really ......... the goods this month by not only meeting but surpassing the goal he set for himself. I think a promotion might be in order, John," Lisa, his boss, told her boss.

(a) brought
(b) bought
(c) delivered
(d) absconded

"I didn't think he was capable of meeting the unrealistic sales goal he set for himself. He really delivered the goods this month by not only meeting but surpassing the goal he set for himself. I think a promotion might be in order, John," Lisa, his boss, told her boss.

Correct answer: (c) delivered

"I didn't think he was capable of meeting the unrealistic sales goal he set for himself. He really brought the goods this month by not only meeting but surpassing the goal he set for himself. I think a promotion might be in order, John," Lisa, his boss, told her boss.
_________________________

To get somebody out of hurk?

Looloo
Looloo

'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct #2 (permalink) Sun Mar 22, 2009 17:40 pm   'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct

I'm not sure what your question is here.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct #3 (permalink) Sun Mar 22, 2009 21:11 pm   'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct

He is a salesman, so 'delivered' is the only correct option. 'Brought' and 'bought' would not be correct.
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

How can I realize if the question is right?Why not to say "milk and cookies"?What does "lips me off" mean?Meaning of "To strong arm"What does "thumbs" mean?What is exactly the meaning of nose?Sentence: This term refers to subjects that are of importance...meaning of "bring over"Where did buck naked originate?Incidentally means 'by the way'?Comparision is a non-countable noun, why it had "a" before it?Is North Dakota a compound word?Does the question tag have a pattern? (did'nt = did; wouldnt = did)