Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

foolishly and tearfully sentimental; weepy; emotional
dynamic
maudlin
capricious
felicitous
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

TOEFLŪ essay: People should never judge a person through the external appearance.

TOEFL Practice tests Increase your TOEFL test score with
120 Vocabulary + 100 Grammar tests
600 TOEFL flashcards plus an ESL book
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection
TOEFLŪ specking topic: What type of home would you like to live in? | TOEFLŪ essay sample: Compare three hostel
listening exercisestell a friend
TOEFL essay: People should never judge a person through the external appearance. #1 (permalink) Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:00 am   TOEFL essay: People should never judge a person through the external appearance.

please someone check it i will be thankful.

People should never judge a person through the external appearance. Do you agree/disagree with the statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I an in favor of this statement that, people should never judge a person through the external appearance. I do not think that if someone is having long beard and wearing simple cloths is necessarily a saint. In my opinion if I have to judge any person then, I would have to spend sometime with him. Facial expressions and the costumes of person can not explain his behavior. Sometimes I can guess the culture or the religion of person through its external appearance or costume because the way of dressing differs from region to region.

Most of the time we try to draw conclusion from the one’s external appearance about his character when we get acquainted to him. I do not think that this is the right way to judge someone, gathering proper knowledge is best way to judge the person. The judgment from external experience may cause an adverse effect. I have experienced such situation during my job. When I was working in the insurance company there was a person with the innocent face having pleasant smile always in his face. I get confused with his facial appearance; I thought he is an innocent person, but after sometime I knew that the person was doing some financial fraud in organization. He was making money by misguiding the existing clients of company. This incidence was like eye opener for me. After this incidence I never trust on anyone from his external appearance. In my opinion, external appearances do not reflect all the features of the person. Person’s behavior can only be judged by spending sometime with him. Every person has its own way of lifestyle and way of thinking.

So at the last I would like to say that, the external appearance of person can misguide anyone. I think what someone is wearing can not reflects his inner feelings. In my opinion only good costume is not the definition of good person.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Charles Darwin?
Ashishb31
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

TOEFLŪ specking topic: What type of home would you like to live in? | TOEFLŪ essay sample: Compare three hostel
ESL Forums | Preparation for and help with the TOEFLŪ Test and essay samples collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on TOEFL Test Forums
TOEFLŪ essay: Food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved...TOEFLŪ essay: The most important aspect of a job is the money a person earnsTOEFLŪ essay: Hard work or luck?TOEFLŪ essay sample: City vs CountySpeaking and writing task are repeated in TOEFLŪ IBT examTOEFLŪ essay: People attend college or university for many different reasonsTOEFLŪ score 111I am looking for a TOEFLŪ preparation course to help with the TOEFLŪ examTOEFLŪ essay: The problems caused by work-related stress (such as of productivityTOEFLŪ essay: Agree or disagree that there are times lying is acceptable.TOEFLŪ essay: Parents or other adult relatives should make important decisions...Which tense to use: From past continous to present to future within one essay?TOEFLŪ essay: The most important characteristic of our closest friend.