to organize according to importance
prioritize
incur
adjourn
induce

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

Is the word food singular or plural? | Close vs shut
How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #1 (permalink) Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:48 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

hi
everybody
Please I have some probleme
how find the noun from verb or adjectif .....and adjectives from verbes
and ....
they are any roule
help me :?
Karim

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #2 (permalink) Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:03 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

.
If your English is that basic, Karim, you must use the DICTIONARY to find out what part of speech a word is.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #3 (permalink) Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:39 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

thanks mr Mister Micawber
but they aren't any roules ............help me please
Karim

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #4 (permalink) Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

.
No, there are no rules. 'Right' can be a noun, a verb, an adjective or an adverb.
.
_________________

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #5 (permalink) Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

thank you for you help .............
Karim

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #6 (permalink) Mon Apr 06, 2009 21:07 pm   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

Hi Karim, the rule-you have to learn them by heart or memorize :) firstly it'd better for you to have a DICTIONARY, if you do, when you look up to a word,there should be an explanation or just a letter n.(noun) adj.(adjective) v. (verb)! hope it'll be helpful!!! :)
Koka

Location: Kazakhstan, Almaty

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #7 (permalink) Tue Apr 07, 2009 16:42 pm   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

right
thank you mr koka ......this is a good idea
Karim

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #8 (permalink) Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:02 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

To learn the differences between noun, verb and adj. one must first understand a noun. The basic idea behind it is the 'name.' Any name is a noun. Most of the common nouns normally have a,an, the, some, any and such words occurring before them. Such words indicate that a noun is following.
The word 'question' is a noun. You ask me a question.
The question he asked me confused me.
He questioned the behavior of the student in the class. Here the 'ed' shows that the word 'question is a verb. The trees are very tall. The question paper was a very difficult one. In the last example the word 'question' is an adjective because it describes the nature of the paper. It is called a 'noun adjective'. Look around yourself and jot down the names of things you find in a notepad.
What I have marked in bold are some words or inflections which are called markers. They certainly help one understand a sentence properly. Such grammatical markers help us write tolerably good English. Read more about them in 'A grammar of modern English' by W.H. Mittins. He makes that very simple. Read this article Any Name is a Noun
Nanucbe

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #9 (permalink) Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:13 am   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

Hi Karim,

If you want to see whether a word is a noun, an adjective or a verb, you have to find out the job that the word does. If it is a thing or a person, it will be a noun. If it describes a thing or a person, it will be an adjective and if the thing or the person does something, then it will be a verb.

Here is a simple sentence: The fat lady shouted at me.

'Fat' describes the lady and is an adjective. 'Lady' is a person and is a noun. 'Shouted' tells you what she did and is the verb.

_________________

How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs? #10 (permalink) Wed Apr 08, 2009 18:37 pm   How to find the noun from verb or adjective ... and adjectives from verbs?

Alan, thanks for that very interesting explanation. Now if only all explanations of our English grammar were so interesting and informative, then maybe, just maybe, I too could become really interested. Old dog, new tricks.

Are you up for the challenge.? ( Just joking. ?????? ) What a feather in your cap that would be though, getting old Kitos proficient in grammar.

Bill.
_________________

What's the difference between transit and transportation?use of wouldDiffrence beetween can and mayMr Smith won't probably be available. vs Mr Smith probably won't be available.Could I use "good steel with best processing" to describe a sword?that vs which (There are books that/which explain clearly the usage of tenses.)Alternatives for 'slide down'After he knows the news, I hope he will feel better.Regarding vocabulary: Use the proper words for suitable place.Usage of 'prefer'Verb agreement: On the desk, there are/is a pen and a book.Sentence: All the substances in the world exist in one of the three states...Sentence: Almost no commentator that has ever written about (ice cream),...