outcome; compensation; counterbalance
slump
autograph
offset
quiet

more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning"

In public or On public | Why there is no article before the noun?
more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning" #1 (permalink) Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:03 am   more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning"

hi, is there a more formal way to introduce an idea as compared to "it is worth mentioning..."

i am kinda freaking out about both "worth" and "mentioning"...
Unomyname

more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning" #2 (permalink) Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:27 am   more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning"

Your expression is perfectly acceptable. You could make it a little more formal by saying:

It is worth pointing out ....

It is worth talking into consideration....

But these are just variations on the same idea.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning" #3 (permalink) Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:33 am   more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning"

so, "worth" is formal enough?

I had this idea that it is implied that whatever I put in the work is worth putting in, so expressly stating that something is worth mentioning does not make any sense...
Unomyname

more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning" #4 (permalink) Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 am   more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning"

'Worth' is fine. If you wanted to express this in a slightly 'wordier' way you can say: There is some value in taking into consideration .. but that's sounding a bt pompous. 'Worth' is perfectly respectable!

_________________

more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning" #5 (permalink) Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:07 am   more formal way to say "it is worth mentioning"

thank you
Unomyname

Cash FinancingHow to start a formal e-mail? I usually use "dear", but...You are like my hopes that fly drop by dropSentence: I've been smoking.does all verbs in a sentance must in the same time?Difference between bereave and inconsolable'cooler' vs 'more cool' etc.Sentence: for the timely investment from the general public, our company would...Usage of the word "ought"Grammar structure "fail to do something"Different between 'others' and 'some others'get vs take vs bring vs fetchHow to use run-on sentences?