Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

affiliate; office; industry; trade; business unit
branch
conference
banquet
collectible
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Questions with 'ought to' either negative or positive

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Usage of curry: 40% of British families have a curry for sundy lunch, instead... | Which one is correct? The paranoia of/about secret societies and one world order.
listening exercisestell a friend
Questions with 'ought to' either negative or positive #1 (permalink) Fri Apr 24, 2009 19:19 pm   Questions with 'ought to' either negative or positive

Hello!How can we ask questions with 'ought to' either negative or positive?
Is it 'ought to I ....? and Ought not to I ....?
Thanks.
Interrupts
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Question with ought to #2 (permalink) Fri Apr 24, 2009 19:26 pm   Question with ought to

ought I ?

ought I not ?

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Where is the 'to'? #3 (permalink) Sat Apr 25, 2009 21:06 pm   Where is the 'to'?

Where do use 'to'?Can you write some sentences please.Thank you very much!
Interrupts
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Where is the 'to'? #4 (permalink) Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:21 am   Where is the 'to'?

Good morning Interrupts. " Ought " is a very, very, very rarely used word in everyday conversation, and can very easily be replaced by " should."

" Ought I go to the party "?
" Should I go to the party "?

" Ought I not be there to meet them "?
" Shouldn't I be there to meet them "?

Usage of curry: 40% of British families have a curry for sundy lunch, instead... | Which one is correct? The paranoia of/about secret societies and one world order.
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
"He was born to Nepal" vs "He was born in Nepal""He is good at English" vs "He is good in English"That'll vs This'll"They shall witness" vs "They shall be wittnessed"Sentence correct? - His brother made him to do it again.Sentence correct? - They sit on the 4 x 4 engine cowling.To Be Captured Among Four WallsUsage of exotic: British supermarkets are now full of exotic cooking ingredientsMeaning of flourishingParagraph: My meritorious service had always been appreciated by my superiors...in words vs with wordsIs it noun or adjective? - The word 'Luxury'Letter to my manager: Hi Kiran, I had a nice experience in Farmers project...