honestly; genuinely; earnestly; faithfully
slantwise
sincerely
however
solely

Meaning of 'for two pins'

Use the word assignment | annual mammagrams vs annual mammograms
Meaning of 'for two pins' #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 19, 2005 14:53 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

Test No. incompl/advan-71 "Two For You", question 2

It wouldn't take much for me to cancel that trip in fact for two ......... I think I will.

(a) needles
(b) nails
(c) points
(d) pins

Test No. incompl/advan-71 "Two For You", answer 2

It wouldn't take much for me to cancel that trip in fact for two pins I think I will.

Correct answer: (d) pins

_________________________

Does this sentence mean that I really want to cancel the trip?
kris

Meaning of 'for two pins' #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 19, 2005 15:21 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

Yes, it means that if given only the smallest reason or encouragement, you will cancel the trip.

TOEIC listening, photographs: At the cash register

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of 'for two pins' #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 10, 2009 19:40 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

What does pin mean in this sentence.
Mephistopheles

Meaning of 'for two pins' #4 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:58 am   Meaning of 'for two pins'

I wonder whether the initial expression needed two more punctation marks.

Id consider this natural: It wouldn't take much for me to cancel that trip. In fact, for two pins I think I will.

But it might depend on my "poor germlish" comprehension only. Perhaps, somebody can clarify this issue.

Thanks beforehand

Michael
_________________
"Ho ho!" said the clown
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

Meaning of 'for two pins' #5 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:23 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

Hi Michael,

I think you're quite right. I like it. By the way, how's your recording, listening or speaking coming along?

_________________

Meaning of 'for two pins' #6 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2009 13:33 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

Hello Alan,

first of all, thank you for clarification . I take it as an additional test to learners about punctuation marks.

secondly, Im a bit ashamed admitting that after my great request I was a bit lazy with doing whats necessary. Also having opened Slavas link and noticing that it costs a little effort and time to find the right update I shrunk back from doing it. Sorry. But...... I hope I will gain more successful on the next weekend.

Michael
_________________
"Ho ho!" said the clown
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

Meaning of 'for two pins' #7 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2009 13:39 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

Hi Michael,

Look forward to that.

_________________

Meaning of 'for two pins' #8 (permalink) Fri Dec 11, 2009 14:40 pm   Meaning of 'for two pins'

hey Alan,

you hardly let me another choice than to succeed.

Michael
_________________
"Ho ho!" said the clown
Foah

Location: next to Dortmund , Europe

the value continues vs. the value is continuingshe missed vs. she had missedPhrase: First flowers that bloom in our yard...What does "get in the game" mean?Does Morpheus has anything to do whit morphine - medical drug?Where is the back of the hand?What does check in mean in this sentence?Why do we use "with an eye for"?turquoise?What does black tie affair mean?How do you call that word before verb in continuous tenses?what does driven mean?we can say no or else i don't?